LONDON, UK, Apr 6, 2020 – ENGYS is delighted to announce the release v3.2.1 of HELYX, a general-purpose computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software solution for engineering design and optimization based on ENGYS’ own open-source simulation engine (HELYX-Core). The new release also includes updates for all of HELYX’s add-on solver modules, namely: Adjoint, Coupled, Marine and Hydro.
HELYX 3.2.1 offers a wide range of extended capabilities and several refinements to remove known issues found in the previous release 3.2.0. Some of the new exciting features added in this version include:
- General: Added support for solution fields in binary format.
- General: Added support for Centralized Boundary Conditions system to read/write boundary fields from a single unified file rather than decomposed files.
- General: Extended support of GUI action for the python-based macro journaling system.
- General: Enhanced software rendering engine optimized for HPC systems with multiple computational nodes.
- Setup: New Joule heating electrical modeling for CHT cases.
- Setup: New mapped boundary conditions to map fields from either a boundary patch or a volumetric distance-based source.
- Setup: New TAITherm coupling thermal boundary condition.
- Setup: Added support for porous media in cylindrical coordinate system.
- View: New vectors visualization object.
- View: Added support for box and sphere types for slice and clip objects.
- View: Added support for nested hierarchy of visualization objects.
- View: Added support for fields visualization inside volumetric cell zones.
- View: New options for color legends and backface/frontface visualization.
- HELYX-Coupled: New block-coupled density-based compressible flow solver for subsonic, transonic and supersonic regimes.
For a complete list of additions and changes, users can refer to the Release Notes provided with the software.
ENGYS develops, supports and delivers best-in-class CFD software solutions based around open-source technologies, offering a variety of expert products and services focused on CFD and MDO. The company’s main software products include HELYX, ELEMENTS, HELYX-OS and several specialized add-on modules for adjoint based optimization and advanced flow simulations. ENGYS operates globally through a network of offices in the UK, Germany, Italy, USA, Australia and South Africa, in addition to local distributors in Japan, South Korea, China, USA and Benelux.