Four Member Council Representatives
“Our international directors are accomplished professionals who are committed to SME. I’ll value their counsel and leadership,” said Tom Kurfess, PhD, FSME, PE, 2018 SME president. “And I look forward to working with them to advocate for our industry, its workforce and our members.”
- Winston Erevelles, PhD, St. Mary’s University
- Mark Michalski, MKS Instruments
- Dean Phillips, LINK Systems
- Ralph Resnick, FSME, National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining and America Makes
- Jim Schlusemann, Prosperia International
- Susan Smyth, PhD, FSME, General Motors
SME members have also elected four new Member Council representatives. The council works to recognize and meet the needs of members and counsel SME leadership on effective membership recruitment, retention and engagement.
2018 SME Member Council representatives:
- Vesna Cota, Tyco Electronics Canada ULC
- Lonnie Love, PhD, FSME, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Kyle Riegel, United Equipment Accessories
- Brock Strunk, Epic Aircraft LLC
Applications from SME members interested in consideration for Board or Member Council seats must submit applications before February 15, 2018.
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advance manufacturing.
Learn more at sme.org.