LAS VEGAS, NV, July 25, 2017 – Mocana, a leading provider of mission-critical security solutions for industrial control systems (ICS) and the internet of things (IoT) and Gemalto, the world leader in digital security, announce a partnership to bring connectivity, security and monetization to IoT deployments. The two companies will provide an end-to-end solution for IoT security lifecycle management, including interoperability of Mocana’s IoT Security Platform and Gemalto’s digital security products to protect data and digital identities across endpoint devices, gateways and clouds. Combining the companies’ respective areas of expertise makes it easier for manufacturers, enterprises and service providers to build strong security into IoT devices and critical infrastructure that are vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
For demonstrations on the Gemalto and Mocana solutions, visit booth 1236 at Black Hat 2017 from July 26 -27.
Gemalto and Mocana will leverage their unique solutions and global ecosystems to make it easier to embed advanced cybersecurity technologies into IoT devices, industrial control systems, and machine-to-machine (M2M) networks. Customers will have access to a complete IoT security solution including:
- Identity provisioning: device identity provisioning and management
- Key and certificate management: key and certificate management for endpoints, gateway and clouds
- Device integrity: advanced controls for secure boot and secure update to ensure device and supply chain integrity
- Multi-factor authentication: ability to support multi-factor authentication across manufacturers, end users and service providers
- Assured interoperability: validated interoperability of Mocana’s IoT Security Platform with Gemalto’s Safenet HSMs and Cinterion secure elements
- Secure transport: secured communications for a wide range of industry standard networking protocols (cellular, LoRA, standard network transport protocols)
- Security lifecycle management: key lifecycle management and crypto policies for the devices
- Monetization: ability to dynamically enable and disable billable device features and service capabilities based on business policies.
“Hundreds of manufacturers and IoT companies use Mocana’s specialist endpoint security products to harden devices and improve performance,” said Sebastien Cano, executive vice-president of Enterprise and Cybersecurity at Gemalto. “With this collaboration, we are providing our customers with a common platform to centrally manage the security and crypto policies for devices, furthering our goal of bringing trust to an increasingly connected world.”
“Ensuring the safety and reliability of connected devices is more important than ever,” said Bill Diotte, CEO at Mocana. “Partnering with Gemalto will make it easier for device manufacturers and cloud providers to secure device identities, incorporate strong hardware-based roots of trust, and integrate proven cybersecurity software controls into applications embedded in IoT devices and critical infrastructure.”
More information on the products and solutions from Mocana and Gemalto:
- Mocana IoT Security Platform
- Gemalto SafeNet Hardware Security Modules
- Gemalto KeySecure
- Gemalto Safenet Authentication Service
- Gemalto Cinterion Secure Element
- Gemalto Sentinel Software
Founded in 2002, Mocana provides mission-critical IoT security solutions for embedded systems, industrial controls and the Internet of Things (IoT). Our proven cybersecurity software goes beyond traditional security approaches by making IoT and ICS devices trustworthy and enabling secure device-to-cloud communications. Mocana’s full-stack platform operates across complex, multi-vendor environments where performance and security are critical to ensuring safety and reliability. Hundreds of industrial and IoT companies depend on Mocana’s military-grade technology to protect millions of IoT devices, controllers and embedded systems.
For more information, visit www.mocana.com.