FANUC’s new SCARA robots feature high-speed, precise operation for pick and place, assembly, testing/inspection and packaging processes in a wide range of industries including consumer electronics, auto component, plastics, food and beverage, lab automation, appliances and medical device manufacturing. A compact, lightweight design provides significant space savings.
Powered by the new R-30iB Compact Plus controller, the new SCARA robots offer the same intelligence and reliability available on all FANUC robots, including integrated iRVision, force sensing, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity, integrated safety, and most other software options. FANUC’s new SCARA iRProgrammer software interface is easy to use for programming with Tablets or PCs, and can be accessed via a Web browser.
FANUC SCARA Robot Features and Benefits
- Ultra-compact footprint and slim profile minimizes interference with peripheral devices.
- Two models available: SR-3iA (400mm reach) and SR-6iA (650mm reach).
- Lightweight design enables easy system integration and continuous fast operation.
- High inertia capacity maximizes flexibility to handle large work pieces.
- Generous vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging and handling operations.
- Bottom cable exit (optional) provides cable protection, and saves valuable floor space for higher efficiency.
- Integral air lines, 24VDC power and I/O signal cables, and solenoid valves (optional) simplify system integration and reduce overall cost.
- Brake release switch on the robot’s arm allows easy error recovery.
- New high-performance R-30iB Compact Plus controller requires minimal space and allows layout and installation flexibility.
- New Web-based iRProgrammer user interface for intuitive and easy robot setup and programming on a Tablet or PC (Teach Pendant is optional).
- Standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost.
- Same high performance intelligent software options across the entire FANUC robot line, including iRVision (Integrated Vision), force sensing, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity and integrated safety.
FANUC’s SCARA robots will be available in North America in Q1 2018.
About FANUC CORPORATION
FANUC CORPORATION, headquartered at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan, is the manufacturer of factory automation, robots and ROBOMACHINE’s in the world. With 259 offices in 45 countries, FANUC provides world-class customer service and support. Since its inception in 1972, FANUC has contributed to the automation of machine tools, in the development of computer numerical control equipment.
For more information, visit http://www.fanuc.co.jp/eindex.htm.
About FANUC America Corp.
FANUC America Corp. is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Monterrey, and Queretaro, Mexico.
For more information, please visit website www.fanucamerica.com.