PARIS, France, July 18, 2017 – E-on software, a leading global developer of software for the creation, animation, rendering, and integration of natural 3D environments in the computer graphics, VFX, architecture, and gaming industries, announced the immediate availability of the pre-release of its Carbon Scatter and CloudFactory Ozone 2017 suite of plug-ins.
To focus on the company’s core technologies, and ensure better customer support and user experience on its flagship solutions VUE and PlantFactory, e-on software also announced that in 2018, it will discontinue development of Carbon Scatter and CloudFactory Ozone.
Therefore, the 2017 releases of Carbon Scatter and CloudFactory Ozone will be the last for the suite of plug-ins.
The official releases – including free Personal Learning Editions – are expected to ship in Q3 2017. E-on software will continue to provide Carbon Scatter and CloudFactory Ozone 2017 customers with product support (hotfixes, service packs and – whenever possible – support for newer host applications) at no cost until September 2018.
Customers with a valid maintenance plan for Carbon Scatter or CloudFactory Ozone on June 1, 2017 will receive the 2017 pre-release versions as a free upgrade in the coming days.
E-on software will ensure all customers under maintenance plans will receive the maintenance plans benefits until such plans expire. Beginning immediately, maintenance plans can no longer be extended for either plug-in.
Carbon Scatter 2017
Derived from e-on software’s acclaimed EcoSystem technology, Carbon Scatter 2017 is the easiest and most straightforward solution for creating complex and detailed populations using the native instancing technologies of the host application.
New in Carbon Scatter 2017:
- Multiple Global EcoSystem Layers, that can be saved as EcoPainter Brushes
- Add PlantFactory and VUE vegetation models (.tpf and .veg) directly to Carbon Scatter EcoSystem populations
- Performance: Up to 4x lighter data footprint within saved scenes, and quicker loading/saving of scenes
CloudFactory Ozone 2017
Based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, CloudFactory Ozone produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays. CloudFactory Ozone realistically models the behavior of our planet’s atmosphere to produce all kinds of atmospheric effects.
New in CloudFactory Ozone 2017:
- Auto-scale clouds with altitude
- Easily load/add cloud layers using a single button
- Optional automatic sun softness computation, based on atmosphere parameters
- “Improve Low Quality Consistency” parameter to better preview your atmosphere looks while rendering at a lower resolution
Pricing and Availability
Carbon Scatter 2017 and CloudFactory Ozone 2017 are available in English for 64 bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 and Intel Mac OS X platforms (10.7+).
A single license of Carbon Scatter or CloudFactory Ozone 2017 can be used with all compatible applications and renderers installed on the end user’s system.
Carbon Scatter 2017 retails at US$295 with upgrades from Carbon Scatter 1/2 and 2015 at US$199.
CloudFactory Ozone 2017 retails at US$295, with upgrades from Ozone 5/6 and 2015 at US$199. RenderNode network rendering licenses are available at $95 per node.
Compatible applications and renderers:
- Carbon Scatter 2017 works with 3ds Max, with native support for MentalRay and V-Ray renderers (3ds Max 2011 to 2017).
- Carbon Scatter 2017 works with Maya with native support for MentalRay and V-Ray renderers (Maya 2012 to 2017).
- Carbon Scatter 2017 for Cinema4D works with the native renderer, and will work with all other renderers that are compatible with Cinema4D instances. Such renderers include VrayC4D or m4d (mental ray for Cinema4D) for instance (Cinema 4D R13 to R18)
- CloudFactory Ozone 2017 for Maya (2011 to 2017) works with MentalRay, Maya software and V-Ray renderers.
- CloudFactory Ozone 2017 for 3ds Max (2011 to 2017) works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
- CloudFactory Ozone 2017 for Softimage (2010 to 2015) works with MentalRay.
- CloudFactory Ozone 2017 for LightWave (9.6 to 2015) and Cinema4D (R13 to R18) works with the native renderer.
Crossgrade to VUE xStream
VUE is the world’s leading 3D digital nature solution. VUE creates the entire environment for artistic scenes, and not just atmospheres or populations.
VUE xStream integrates to 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Cinema 4D and Softimage to offer a complete toolset for creating and rendering exceptionally rich and realistic natural environments.
e-on software today introduced special crossgrade commercial offerings for users of CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter.
Until October 1, 2017, users of Carbon Scatter 1/2/2015 and 2017 and CloudFactory Ozone 5/6/2015 and 2017 can crossgrade to VUE xStream for US$1195 with 1 year maintenance, or US$995 without maintenance. After October 1st, the same crossgrades will retail for respectively US$1620 and US$1320.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments (VUE, PlantFactory, CloudFactory Ozone and Carbon Scatter). E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as “Dr Strange,” “Kubo and the 2 Strings,” “Jupiter Ascending,” “Minions,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Croods,” “Dragons 1&2,” “Hunger Games,” “Hugo,” “Tintin,” “Super 8,” “Thor,” “Avatar,” “Clash of the Titans,” “Sucker Punch,” “Despicable Me 1&2,” “The Wolf Man,” “2012,” “Lovely Bones,” “GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra,” “Land of the Lost,” “Terminator 4, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “Indiana Jones 4,” “Monster Vs Aliens,” “Australia,” “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” “KungFu Panda,” “Pirates of the Caribbean 2” and TV series such as “Spartacus,” “Smallville,” “Battlestar Gallactica,” “Caprica,” “Stargate Atlantis,” “Stargate Continuum,” “The Vampire Diaries” and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software’s Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer’s creativity. By investing significant resources in research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning digital nature scenery.
In 2015, e-on software was acquired by Bentley Systems and now operates as an internal venture subsidiary.
E-on software is based in Paris, France. For more information, visit http://www.e-onsoftware.com.