Curtiss-Wright’s Sensors & Controls Division announced the release of the fourth and final planned frame size of its next-generation Exlar brand FTX Series actuators. These high-force, electric, rod-style actuators now offer higher performance and ease of maintenance than previously available.
The FTX Series actuators are intended for use in high-force, high-duty cycle applications in harsh environments. Based on planetary roller screw technology, the FTX Series offers high robustness in a compact form factor, making them an ideal alternative to hydraulic cylinders. With continuous force ratings to 89 kN (20,000 lbf), speeds to 1000 mm/sec (39 in/sec), and stroke lengths from 150 mm (6 inches) to 900 mm (36 inches), the FTX160 can be applied across a wide range of linear motion applications.
The FTX160, a next-generation version of the current FT60 model, features the following key enhancements over the existing FT Series designs:
- High capacity planetary roller screws offering up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65S (min.) environmental protection
- Idler pulley design greatly simplifies motor installation and belt tensioning / maintenance
- Grease zerk fitting and removable front seal bushing greatly simplify maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows mounting style reconfiguration or replacement in the field using commonly available tools
For more information on Curtiss-Wright Sensors & Controls, please visit http://www.cw-sensorsandcontrols.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Corp.
Curtiss-Wright Corp. is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 8,000 people worldwide.
For more information, visit www.curtisswright.com.