Creaform has launched the CUBE-R, a new generation of complete turnkey automated dimensional inspection solution. The new optical 3D measuring machine capitalizes on the MetraSCAN 3D-R metrology scanner and combines efficiency and reliability of robotization in an automated industrial measuring cell.
The CUBE-R extends the 3D digitizing and inspection capabilities of the MetraSCAN 3D for the dimensional measurement of parts ranging from 1 m to 3 m with metrology-grade volumetric accuracy in real-life shop-floor conditions. Unlike conventional systems, the CUBE-R delivers both speed and volumetric accuracy. In addition, it ensures a significant increase in productivity. The CUBE-R offers a realistic and comprehensive alternative to coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and other robot-mounted, structured-light 3D scanners.
Key features and benefits
- High productivity: Performs effective inspections on several hundred parts a day (even on dark or reflective parts with complex geometry)
- Multitasking: Maximizes production cycle and throughput by offering a simultaneous operation of data acquisition and analysis in a continuous and uninterrupted measurement flow
- Automatic field calibration procedure: No accuracy drift over time and continuous operation
- Minimum operator training: Easy-to-use and short learning curve to keep up with fast production pace
- Complete turnkey solution: No integration required, fully enclosed and shop-floor ready
- Smaller factory footprint: A complete 4.1 m x 4.1 m x 3.1 m turnkey solution with a flexible shop-floor configuration
The CUBE-R makes its first public appearance at Control in Stuttgart, Germany on April 24–27. A “CUBE-R” video is available and gives insight into the shop-floor ready solution’s integration and operation in the production environment. Customers also are invited to join a free webinar to learn how the CUBE-R solves productivity issues caused by pressure at the CMM.
Creaform develops, manufactures, and sells 3D portable measurement technologies and specializes in engineering services. The company offers innovative solutions, such as 3D scanning, reverse engineering, quality control, non-destructive testing, product development, and numerical simulation (FEA/CFD). Its products and services cater to a variety of industries, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, heavy industries, health care, manufacturing, oil and gas, power generation, and research and education.
Along with its headquarters and manufacturing operations in Lévis, Québec, Creaform operates innovation centers in Lévis and Grenoble, France, and has direct sales operations in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, China, Japan, Thailand, Korea, and Singapore.
Creaform is a unit of AMETEK Ultra Precision Technologies, a division of AMETEK Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, with annual sales of $4.3 billion.
For more information, visit creaform3d.com.