H. G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors Group has expanded its sensor product offering using LVIT Technology by adding the LZ-19 Series linear position sensors. These are contactless devices designed for use in factory automation or assembly equipment applications where space is a premium, as well as for external mounting on pneumatic cylinders to sense rod position.
These LVITs are offered in nominal full scale ranges from 2.5 to 750 mm (0.1 to 30 inches) with stroke-to-body-length ratios such that the overall length for most sensors is 25 mm (1 inch) or less greater than the linear range of the unit. These sensors have a 19 mm (0.75 inch) diameter stainless steel or optional aluminum body with a 1-m long cable for I/O connections. The 6 mm (0.236 inch) diameter through-bore of an LZ-19 gives adequate clearance for its 5.2 mm (0.20 inch) diameter PVDF-sheathed moving rod made of the same material as its housing. The through-bore feature also means that these sensors are not subject to damage from typical mechanical overstroking.
- LVIT Technology (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
- Contactless operation prevents internal wearout from dithering or rapid cycling
- Full Scale ranges from 2.5 to 750 mm (0.1 to 30 inches)
- Through-bore design
- DC in / DC out operation with built-in electronics
- Proprietary SenSet field adjustable range scaling
For more information, visit Alliance Sensors website.