Category Archives: 3D Design
2023 InVenture Prize x IronCAD Design Award Winners Announced
Autodesk Partners with DreamWakers
Upchain Updated, Supports AutoCAD 2024, SOLIDWORKS 2023
PTC Names Janesh Moorjani to Board of Directors
BOSTON, MA, June 6, 2023 – PTC has appointed Janesh Moorjani to its Board of Directors, effective June 7, 2023.
An experienced public company finance leader with international operating experience in sales, Moorjani has spent more than two decades helping fuel growth and drive transformation in large and mid-size technology companies. Moorjani is currently CFO and COO of Elastic NV, a leading platform for search-powered solutions.
“At PTC, we are driven by the parallel pursuit of technology leadership and operational excellence,” said James “Jim” Heppelmann, CEO of PTC. “Janesh brings a unique blend of expertise in financial and operational management that will be a real asset to PTC as we continue to evolve our business model and accelerate our company’s embrace of SaaS. We are pleased to expand our talented board with someone with such an impressive background.”
Before joining Elastic and leading the company to its successful IPO in 2018, Moorjani served in senior finance roles at Infoblox and VMware. Earlier, he spent nearly a decade at Cisco Systems, serving in sales, operations, and finance roles in Asia Pacific and the U.S.
“PTC is well positioned to create value for shareholders by leveraging an enviable market position as a leader in helping companies digitally transform the way they create, manufacture, and service physical products,” said Moorjani. “I am pleased to join PTC’s Board of Directors and look forward to contributing to the company’s continued success.”
Moorjani is on the Board of Directors at Cohesity, a pre-IPO data management company, funded by premier venture capital firms, where he serves on the Audit Committee.
Moorjani will serve on the PTC Board’s Audit Committee. His appointment brings the total members of PTC’s board of directors to ten.
Together with a broad partner ecosystem, PTC enables industrial companies to digitally transform the way they create, manufacture, and service physical products. Their best-in-class technology portfolio includes the industry’s first cloud-native product development system as well as a unique set of SaaS and on-premises tools that work together to enable a digital thread strategy across the manufacturing value chain.
For more information, visit www.ptc.com.
Autodesk Expands Data Exchange Support to EMEA Regions
Autodesk Seeks Submissions for 2023 Design & Make Awards
Autodesk Releases Fusion 360 v.2.0.16265
Ellison Offers Dassault Software Solutions
in California, powered by GSC
SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA, June 5, 2023 – Ellison Technologies Inc, one of the largest CNC machine tool integrators in the US, announces its capability to offer Dassault Systèmes solutions. This offering includes SOLIDWORKS and the 3DExperience Platform in the state of California, powered by GSC, a 30-year software value-added reseller (VAR).
Dassault Systèmes believes that when every stakeholder has real-time access to the right tools and information, businesses can increase collaboration, improve productivity, and accelerate innovation. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform extends the value of SOLIDWORKS by providing a single, unified, collaborative environment that enables everyone involved in product development to contribute to the innovation process.
Adding Dassault Systèmes software solutions strengthens Ellison’s mission to be a true partner and single resource with complete solutions that companies need to design, validate, manage, build, and manufacture parts.
“We are pleased to add SOLIDWORKS Software to our portfolio for our California market. This gives our customers a full suite of tools to meet the needs of modern American manufacturing. By uniting engineering design and manufacturing software, Ellison is uniquely positioned to offer comprehensive solutions in every stage of the journey of the part.” said Graham Hooper, president, and CEO of Ellison Technologies.
“Dassault Systèmes has helped thousands of manufacturers reinvent their development and production methods for sustainable innovation”, said Mike Buchli, manufacturing expert from Dassault Systèmes, “Ellison Technologies unique position as a solutions provider for CNC, robotics, and software provides one single point of contact to understand a customer’s process and help them compete in an ever-changing global marketplace.”
About Ellison Technologies
Ellison Technologies, founded in 1955, is one of the largest machine tool integrators in North America, with 15 locations providing local support across the US, the company’s mission is to equip manufacturers to compete and win, both locally and globally. In addition to distributing the latest CNC machine tool technology, Ellison’s team of over 300 industry experts provides its customers with superior engineering solutions, service and parts support, turnkey solutions, robotic automation, and machine financing.
For more information about Ellison Technologies, visit www.ellisontechnologies.com.
GSC fuels customer success with engineering and manufacturing solutions for design, simulation, data management, technical documentation, and additive manufacturing. GSC provides the most comprehensive consulting, technical support, and training in CAD and Additive design. As a leading provider of SOLIDWORKS solutions and Markforged printing technologies, GSC’s world-class team of dedicated professionals have helped thousands of companies innovate and increase productivity by leveraging these advanced technologies. Founded in 1989, GSC is headquartered in Germantown WI.
For more information about GSC, visit www.gsc-3d.com.
IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1 Released
ATLANTA, GA, June 2, 2023 – IronCAD, the leading provider of cutting-edge MCAD software solutions, is thrilled to announce the release of IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1. Packed with a range of powerful new features and enhancements, this update aims to elevate the mechanical CAD design experience for professionals in the industrial equipment machinery and fabrication markets.
The highlights of IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1 include:
- Support for the Latest KeyShot 2023 Release: IronCAD now integrates seamlessly with the latest version of KeyShot, the renowned rendering and animation software. This integration enables users to effortlessly visualize and present their designs with unmatched realism and precision.
- Structured Parts Enhancements: IronCAD introduces an innovative ability for Structured Parts to Rename and Relink bodies. This feature provides users with greater flexibility and efficiency in managing and organizing their designs, streamlining the design process.
- Improved IronCAD Drawing (ICD) View Creation Speed: With enhanced performance, IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1 accelerates the creation of ICD views, enabling users to generate complex views quickly. This boost in productivity ensures designers can meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Enhanced ICD Shaded View Quality in Quick Views with Transparency: The new update enhances the ICD shaded view quality in Quick Views by adding transparency controls for quality and realism. Designers can now achieve a more comprehensive visualization of their models, improving clarity and accuracy during the design process.
- Lock/Fix View in ICD to Prevent Accidental Movements: IronCAD now offers the ability to lock or fix views in ICD, minimizing the risk of accidental movements that can disrupt the design. This feature provides designers with peace of mind, allowing them to work with confidence and precision.
- Improvements in Broken Views on ICD: IronCAD has made significant enhancements to broken views, enhancing the user experience, and ensuring that designers can effectively communicate their designs requiring broken regions to represent large models.
- Search in Parameter Table to Locate Expressions/Names: IronCAD introduces a powerful search functionality within the parameter table, enabling users to quickly locate text and values throughout all columns including expressions and parameter names. This feature boosts productivity by saving valuable time spent searching for specific parameters.
- General Quality Improvements: IronCAD’s commitment to excellence shines through in Product Update 1, with a range of general quality improvements that enhance the overall user experience. These quality improvements and enhancements address user feedback and further optimize the software’s performance.
- Additional Features and Enhancements: The update includes various other notable additions, such as resolving the Direction of Angle Constraint Flipping and Dimension Flipping by adding directionality control on the constraint. Moreover, new features like the Concrete Hatch Pattern added to ICD Templates, TriBall Pattern of Pattern Support, and updated Multiphysics for IronCAD and IronCAD Mechanical Design Utilities for Machinery Designer provide users with expanded capabilities and a more refined design experience.
“We are thrilled to introduce IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1, which marks another significant step forward in revolutionizing mechanical CAD design,” said Cary O’Connor, VP of marketing at IronCAD. “By incorporating the latest features and enhancements, we are empowering professionals in the industrial equipment machinery and fabrication markets to streamline their workflows, boost productivity, and bring their designs to life with unprecedented realism and precision.”
IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1 is now available to all existing IronCAD customers. For more information about this update and to explore the full range of IronCAD solutions, please visit www.irocad.com.
For a more extensive list of IronCAD 2023 Product Update 1 improvements and enhancements, click here.
Try the newest version of IronCAD for free by navigating to https://www.ironcad.com/free-online-trial/ to start your free online trial.
Based in Atlanta, GA, IronCAD is a leading provider of 3D design productivity solutions that deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction and productivity. Individual components of this solution can be used standalone, complementary within an existing design environment, or can be used together to collaborate effectively throughout the enterprise to extend productivity. IronCAD’s flagship product IRONCAD has won many industry awards for its innovative technology and leads the industry in its ease of use and design productivity. Thousands of customers worldwide use IronCAD to support their success.
For more information about IronCAD, visit www.ironcad.com.