KARLSRUHE, Germany, Sep 29, 2022 – Chaos launches V-Ray 6 for Cinema 4D, expanding artistic control on everything from particles to the sky. C4D users can now access production-ready features like V-Ray Enmesh, the new procedural clouds system and V-Ray Decal.
V-Ray Decal can project anything, from 3D stickers and labels to weathering elements like cracks, stains and scratches, onto any surface — all in a few clicks. Decals can be applied at angle, without extra UVW work or disturbing the underlying materials, giving artists more creative freedom in their work. A displacement setting is also available for when users want even more realism.
VRayEnmesh is a new system that repeats geometry across the surface of an object in the most memory-efficient way possible. With Enmesh, artists can start treating geometry like a texture, creating patterns like panels, fences and fabrics that are ready for their close-up. Enmesh is so easy on the memory, users can add billions of polygons to a scene without compromise.
Procedural Clouds have been added to the V-Ray Sun and Sky system, removing the need to settle for a static HDR or a cloudless sky. Artists can now customize their scenes, taking full advantage of ray-traced lighting, ground shadows and volumetric effects as they animate.
Additional Updates Include:
- Particle rendering support – Quickly render particles based on different parameters such as size, speed and color. It’s now easier to create a wide variety of effects – from splashes and foam to bubbles and sparks.
- ACEScg Support – Gain a wider color palette with an industry-standard ACEScg color-encoding system, complete with automatic adjustments for textures, dispersion, sun & sky and light temperature.
- Finite Dome Light – Fine-tune the scale and depth of your product designs/HDRI renders with the V-Ray Dome Light’s new, more flexible ground projection capabilities.
- Light Cache in IPR – The output of V-Ray’s Interactive Production Renderer (IPR) is now identical to the production renderer, so teams can make better decisions in the moment.
- Better Reflections – With the new energy compensation updates, rough metals and surfaces will look even more realistic.
- Better Translucent Materials – Render frosted glass and marble faster with the V-Ray Material’s new illumination mode.
- Thin-Film Materials – A new thin-film layer has been added to the V-Ray Material, making it easy to create iridescent materials like soap bubbles and oil spills.
- Panorama Viewer – Panoramas can now be explored and edited in the V-Ray Frame Buffer (VFB), without the need for third-party tools.
- Composition Guides – A new proportions layer makes it easy to pick the right camera angle with the help of visual guides like the rule of thirds and the golden spiral.
- VFB IPR Selections – Materials, objects and focal points can now all be selected while rendering, with a simple mouse click.
For a full feature tour, please visit the V-Ray 6 for Cinema 4D ‘What’s New’ page.
Pricing and Availability
V-Ray 6 for Cinema 4D is available now for Windows, Mac OS, and is compatible with Cinema 4D versions R21 to 2023. All V-Ray subscription plans work for all supported host applications, including Cinema 4D, Maya, Houdini, 3ds Max, Nuke, Revit, Rhino, SketchUp and Unreal. Pricing can be found on the Chaos website.
Chaos develops visualization technologies that empower artists and designers to create photorealistic imagery and animation across all creative industries. The firm’s physically based renderer, V-Ray, has been honored with both an Academy Award and an Engineering Emmy for its role in the widespread adoption of ray-traced rendering in motion pictures and television.
In 2022, Chaos merged with Enscape, a leading provider of real-time rendering and design workflow technology for the AEC industry. Enscape offers innovative solutions that connect directly into modeling software, integrating design and visualization workflows seamlessly into one. Together, the newly combined company is creating an end-to-end ecosystem of 3D visualization tools accessible to everyone.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, Sep 27, 2022 – Autodesk, Inc. announced the appointment of Dara Treseder as chief marketing officer, effective on October 14, 2022. Treseder will join Autodesk from Peloton Interactive, where she serves as SVP and global head of marketing, communications and membership. As CMO of Autodesk, Treseder will be responsible for Autodesk’s marketing strategy globally, and oversee the company’s worldwide marketing, brand & communications, global demand generation, and education business teams. Treseder’s expertise in category creation and experience leading high-performing global marketing organizations will help advance Autodesk’s mission to empower innovators to achieve the new possible.
“Dara is an innovative, dynamic, and accomplished leader–with a track record of turning customer experience into a competitive advantage for brands. We’re thrilled to welcome her to Autodesk,” said Steve Blum, chief operating officer and executive vice president of Autodesk. “With her experience leading companies through transformation and driving high impact, creative digital marketing campaigns, Dara will be instrumental in helping Autodesk deliver the world’s leading design and make platform to our customers.”
“Autodesk helps millions of people design and make a better world for all. I am greatly inspired by its bold mission, inclusive culture, and authentic values,” said Treseder. “From greener buildings to smarter products to award-winning TV shows, movies, and games–Autodesk turns ideas into reality. I look forward to advancing the design and make category, and helping empower our customers to solve the most important design, business, and sustainability challenges of our time.”
Prior to Peloton, Treseder was chief marketing officer at Carbon, a leading 3D printing technology company. She also previously served as chief marketing officer of GE Business Innovations and GE Ventures, and has held marketing leadership roles at Apple and Goldman Sachs.
In 2022, Treseder was recognized by Forbes as the top CMO on its World’s Most Influential CMOs list. She’s also received recognition from Adweek (Brand Genius; Women Trailblazers), Business Insider (Top 25 Most Innovative CMOs), Inc. (30 Inspirational Women to Watch in Tech), and is a member of the Advertising Hall of Achievement, the premier industry recognition for leaders making a significant impact in the industry and in their communities.
An advocate for public health, Treseder serves as chair of the board of Public Health Institute and is a board director at Robinhood. Treseder holds a Bachelor of Arts cum laude with highest honors from Harvard University and a Masters of Business Administration from Stanford University.
Autodesk is changing how the world is designed and made. Their technology spans architecture, engineering, construction, product design, manufacturing, media and entertainment, empowering innovators everywhere to solve challenges big and small. From greener buildings to smarter products to more mesmerizing blockbusters, Autodesk software helps their customers to design and make a better world for all.
For more information, visit autodesk.com.