BEND, OR, Feb 26, 2020 – Tech Soft 3D, the leading provider of software development toolkits to engineering software companies, announces the release of HOOPS Exchange 2020, the industry’s fastest and most accurate CAD data access and reuse technology for manufacturing and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) workflows.
“Digital transformation is happening at lightning speed within the manufacturing industry and we are committed to helping our partners, and potential partners, keep pace with this rapid momentum,” said Lionel Vieilly, product manager at Tech Soft 3D. “Fast access to the full integrity of data, being able to use that data without the need for an additional translator, extreme performance with low memory usage – these are all paramount to quickly building robust, sophisticated 3D applications and we are proud to be the ones our partners look to as the gold standard.”
HOOPS Exchange 2020 continues to improve support for manufacturing as a service (MaaS) applications, to help engineers improve and automate their processes such as manufacturability analysis and costing, 3D printing and machining applications, and improve the quality of their semantic data. These areas of enhanced support include:
- New format support for STEP-XML reader focused on CAD interoperability. Format updates include import of CATIA V5-6 R2019 (R29), Solid Edge 2020 and Siemens NX 1872.
- Feature tree now supports transformations like mirrors, translations, and rotations.
- Feature support for SOLIDWORKS assembly level holes.
- Improved feature tree support to access original extrusion and revolve sketches.
- Improvements in Semantic PMI for SolidWorks and PTC Creo.
- Support for names of physical materials for SolidWorks and Siemens NX.
- Improved geometric functions to guarantee BREP consistency in targeted applications.
- New progress bars to track progress of heavy process functions: Convert BREP to Nurbs, Model Sewing, and Parasolid Bridge.
- Parasolid integration can now convert large tessellated models to the Siemens Parasolid kernel.
To learn more about HOOPS Exchange, visit: https://www.techsoft3d.com/products/hoops/exchange/
About HOOPS Exchange
HOOPS Exchange delivers complete, cost effective and accurate 3D CAD data access to multiple file formats faster than any other solution. Companies such as Aras, 3D Systems, Siemens, Stratasys, Actify, New River Kinematics, DP Technology, Shapr3D, CD-adapco and many more rely on HOOPS Exchange’s underlying technology to give their desktop, mobile, cloud and enterprise applications a competitive edge. Developers interested in exploring the capabilities of the HOOPS Exchange API can download a demo, or build a prototype by requesting a free 60-day evaluation.
About Tech Soft 3D
Tech Soft 3D is the leading global provider of development tools that help software teams deliver successful applications. Established in 1996 and headquartered in Bend, OR, Tech Soft 3D also has offices in California, France, England and Japan. The company’s toolkit products power nearly 500 unique applications running on hundreds of millions of computers worldwide.
For more information, visit www.techsoft3d.com.