NOVATO, CA, July 16, 2019 – IMSI Design, a leading CAD software developer, announced the release of its TurboCAD 2019 line , including Pro Platinum, Professional, Deluxe and Designer versions for Windows desktop PCs.
TurboCAD 2019 includes over three dozen new and improved features. “This year’s release places an emphasis on usability and design efficiency for both 2D and 3D work and include a new Ribbon interface, a greatly improved ability to create and assign keyboard shortcuts, a quick pull tool that now works with surfaces , as well a greater ability to work with vector PDF files,” stated Bob Mayer, president of IMSI Design.
“With the new Universal Build technology we’ve incorporated into TurboCAD, we are now able to launch all TurboCAD versions simultaneously, something we believe our customers will really appreciate,” added Mayer
To view videos showcasing the product’s new and enhanced features. An overview of these new and improved features include (please see www.TurboCAD.com for a complete listing):
Usability & Interface
- Customize Ribbon Configuration – Users now have the ability to fully customize the Ribbon Interface. You can now Add and Rename Tools, Groups and Tabs.
- Reset All button in UI Theme Dialog Box – Reset All button performs the same function of ‘Set Default’ but for all fonts. This option is available in: Customize > Style and Themes > Reset All.
- 4K Monitor Support – With new, scaleable vector icons, TurboCAD is now fully optimized for 4K monitors. Through dynamic sliders, toolbar icons, the User Interface and other icons in other part of the UI can be resized to optimize readability on higher resolution displays.
- Confirm Replace – A new checkbox added like “Don’t show this message again” in the dialog “Confirm Replace”. If the user ticks the checkbox the program will remember the last selected option and will not be shown the dialog again.
2D Drafting and Editing
- Select By Similar – A powerful new tool that allows you to select any 2D or 3D object type or a Block and then find all occurrences of that in the drawing. Very detailed selections can be made that include parameters such as pen color and style, brush color and style, layer, even the selected object’s coordinate system.
- PDF Insert/Underlay – The PDF Underlay tool allows you to insert a page of a PDF file into your drawing to use as a reference or tracing layer. To use properly as a tracing layer, the file must be a vector PDF, rather than a bit-mapped PDF. As a vector file, you will be able to snap to the endpoints and midpoints of lines in the PDF underlay.
- Highlight End Points – A new local menu item “Highlight end points” (On/Off) has been added to “Edit” tool.
- Closed Property for Polyline – A property called ‘Closed’ has been added to the Selection Info palette, with this property, users can determine if a Polyline is closed or not. This is extremely important when performing functions such as Extrudes and Lofts.
- Angular Dimension Tool Improvement – The Angular Dimension tool has been improved with a Local Menu option that is enabled when the Angular Dimension tool is selected.
- Improved Inspector Bar Functioanlity – Added the ability for users to use not only Text/Numeric fields and button controls, but “combo box” controls as well.
- Construct Similar – The “Construct Similar” tool takes properties from one object and applies them onto active tool. You can set an object’s properties before it is created in one click. Analogous to the ‘Format Painter’ tool found in MS Office applications.
- Pick Point Hatch Improvement – This Hatching tool now works with gaps in 2D objects. For example, trying to fill an area bounded by a Polyline, when there are gaps in the Polyline. Improvements to pick-point also apply to ADT objects (Walls, Doors and Windows), allowing to similarly fill in gaps between these objects.
3D Drawing, Modeling, and Editing
- ACIS Faceter – Surface Tolerance – The Surface Tolerance represents the maximum distance between a facet and the true surface definition.
- Fillet Edges (blend) tool improvements – Three Blend Types added: 1. Curvature Continuous Blending, 2. Fixed Width Blend, 3. Three Face Blends.
- Extrude Improvements – Users can now select flat 3D polylines or 3D curves for Surface Extrude tools such as Revolve. Also, 3D Curve and Curve (2D Curve) are now separate tools.
- Flange Sheet Improvement – New “Flange” properties have also been added. They are disabled in Selection info palette for older (TC2018 and earlier) Part Tree nodes but available for new Part Tree in TurboCAD 2019.
- Array and Copy tool Improvements, performance enhancements for ADT Objects – Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects can now be completely and accurately used with Copy and Linear Array copy tools.
- BIM Tool Improvement – BIM palette for show/edit BIM data – Data collection of IFC files has been improved, the BIM Palette now shows the BIM file structure, and the BIM tool and BIM Palette’s UI’s have now been more tightly integrated, making these architectural modeling parts of TurboCAD easier to use..
Photorealistic Rendering and Visualization
- LightWorks 9.3
- RedSDK to LightWorks Converter Improvements – Older, RedSDK rendered images are now more accurately and completely converted to a LightWorks rendered image with improvements to this tool in TurboCAD 2019.
- RedSDK 5.0 (Optional, plug-in)
File Support / Interoperability
- AutoCAD 2019 compatibility Improved AutoCAD (DXF, DWG, and DWF) File Compatibility – Implementation of the latest Teigha engine.
- FBX Filter – A new file format used for 3D animation software, the FBX® data exchange technology is a 3D asset exchange format that facilitates higher-fidelity data exchange between 3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox and other proprietary and third-party software.
- STL Filter – 3D Print Check – A new 3D Print Check option has been added when exporting an STL file.
- SAT/SAB/IGES/STEP – Support for Interop Face Color – When reading ACIS objects (SAT/IGES/STEP/SAB import), if ACIS object has colored faces, then the appropriate material is assigned to these faces.
- SAT Filter – Support for Curves – Updated the existing ACIS SAT file import/export to support curves such as lines, arcs, circles, ellipses, and splines.
- SAB Filter – The Standard ACIS Binary (SAB) format is used by the ACIS modeling kernel from Spatial to share CAD data. Both SAB and SAT files contain geometry, topology, color, and limited attributes. Dimensions, annotations, groups, blocks, mesh, textures, and layers are not supported in these formats..
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD 2019 Platinum is now available for $1,499.99 USD for a full, permanent license, $499.99/year for an annual subscription, TurboCAD 2019 Professional for $999.99, TurboCAD 2019 Deluxe for $199.99, and TurboCAD 2019 Designer for $59.99.
About IMSI Design
IMSI Design is the global leader in retail CAD and home design desktop software, and a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (architectural, engineering, and construction) industry. With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD, DesignCAD, TurboFloorPlan, TurboViewer, TurboProject, and TurboSite families of precision design applications for desktop and mobile. Please visit www.TurboCAD.com for more information.