Bentley Systems announces the early access of OpenPlant CONNECT Edition. OpenPlant CONNECT Edition is the latest evolution of Bentley’s plant design software that enables users to improve design and operations with a collaborative, intelligent, 2D and 3D plant design environment based on open data standards. OpenPlant CONNECT Edition improves collaborative, multi-discipline plant design productivity by connecting to project collaboration services, supporting cloud-based asset tag management, and synchronizing lifecycle information with enterprise data stores. This release allows collaboration between individuals and teams with the ability to coordinate work, easily share information within the extended supply chain, and manage the exchange of plant design deliverables such as orthographics, isometrics, bills of material, and reports for pipe, supports, equipment, and instrument lists. Users can also take advantage of issues resolution and act on insights through project metrics and KPIs without IT set-up or additional investments.
OpenPlant CONNECT Edition also improves plant design productivity and saves project time with:
- Faster multi-discipline design through an updated, streamlined interface that provides an optimized common workflow and is consistent across CONNECT Edition applications
- Streamlined loading of data from other 3D design applications including PDMS, SP, E3D, and PDS into OpenPlant for fast production of isometrics and orthographics
- Enhanced model interaction via multiple data access points through Web or mobile platforms. Utilize consistent and centralized tags, standard reports, Web editing of data, and improved insights into project progress
- Increased collaboration and improved consistency by enforcing common standards across disciplines and among owner-EPCs with common worksets
- Increased productivity by reusing user-defined data across different projects and ensuring that the most up-to-date and approved manufacturer parts database is used on a project through Components Center
William Leite Avelino, piping designer, GEA Equipamentos E Solucoes, said, “OpenPlant software enabled us to model components, extract isometrics, and prepare plant options rapidly, reducing project delivery by 10 percent. Our coffee extract concentration plant project was delivered in just 35 days, including construction and assembly.”
Rob Harper, director of product management, Bentley Systems, said, “OpenPlant CONNECT Edition increases the productivity and efficiency of Bentley’s plant users. For example, the redesigned user interface streamlines frequently used workflows, while the interdisciplinary coordination and consistency workflows between 2D and 3D models are vastly improved. The CONNECT Edition also provides new Web capabilities for data management, querying, reporting, and monitoring the health of our users’ projects. The addition of CONNECT Advisor provides users with context sensitive searches of learning content from multiple sources as an in-product experience.”
OpenPlant provides advancements for multi-discipline engineering of plants. It is widely adopted by leading plant EPCs and owner-operators as a practical and scalable solution to comprehensively support project delivery. Through its use of iRING/ISO 15926 as an intrinsic data model, OpenPlant enables users to coordinate and share information across multiple disciplines and the infrastructure lifecycle.
About the CONNECT Edition
With the SELECT CONNECT Edition, Bentley is introducing SELECTCONNECTservices, new Azure-based services that provide comprehensive learning, mobility, and collaboration benefits to every Bentley application subscriber. Adaptive Learning Services help users master use of Bentley applications through CONNECT Advisor, a new in-application service that provides contextual and personalized learning. Personal Mobility Services provide unlimited access to Bentley apps, ensuring users have access to the right project information when and where they need it. ProjectWise Connection Services allow users to securely share application and project information, to manage and resolve issues, and to create, send, and receive transmittals, submittals, and RFIs.