LimitState has announced the release of version 4.0 of LimitState:FIX, their powerful 3D mesh repair software tool. Already a favorite among 3D print industry professionals, LimitState:FIX makes available in a user-friendly software application the sector-leading Polygonica mesh processing technology, providing users with a simple, yet powerful and cost-effective one-click mesh repair tool. In tests, LimitState:FIX has been found to perform more efficiently and provide better results than other commercial and free-to-use software tools.
Version 4.0 sees a range of new features and enhancements to the software, including the introduction of a multi-model interface and also tools to speed up the set up of models for pre-defined or user-specified 3D print platforms.
Updates include, but are not limited to:
- Import, heal and export multiple files en-masse
- Automatically arrange models to fit a range of popular 3D print platforms
- Export in slice file format (SLC, CLI)
- Improved mesh closing workflow, providing up to 200x faster repairs
- New and enhanced intelligent hole closing algorithms
- Updated user interface, with cleaner icons and images
- New model manipulation functions, including scaling and translation
- Split multi-shell objects to separate entities
- Validate the project before export
For more information about LimitState, visit website.