InnovMetric announces the launch of PolyWorks 2023. In this new release, PolyWorks’ universal 3D metrology platform is expanded to offer an integrated digital ecosystem during the four phases of the global dimensional management process of a manufacturing company: product design, process design, validation and production.
In addition to optimizing the performance of 3D measurement teams through Universal Platform enhancements, PolyWorks 2023 further reduces the cost of 3D measurement in three different ways:
- PolyWorks offers enhanced digital workflows for model based definition (MBD) and measurement system analysis (MSA), which helps manufacturing companies reduce the amount of software used as part of their management process global dimension.
- The PolyWorks data management solution can now be deployed in less than 15 minutes in the cloud and interconnected with a corporate identity server.
- Finally, PolyWorks is integrating new root cause analysis tools into its data management solution that automatically identify factors affecting production quality.
Product and Process Design Phases
The PolyWorks|Inspector solution helps reduce time to market by measuring, controlling and analyzing 3D dimensions at every stage of the product and process design phases. With PolyWorks|Inspector 2023, 3D measurement specialists can create measurement models and perform 3D measurement tasks more efficiently. They can also:
- Analyze and edit large measurement sequences faster by finding steps through keyword searches or browsing step types, including errors and warnings.
- Replace the source objects of an attached entity and preserve all associated objects, data registrations and reports created from this entity.
- Create curve-like entities with a single click on a polygonal model of a measured item to more quickly inspect an item without CAD data.
Mixed reality display technologies provide localized visual guidance, measurement feedback, and access to inspection features, freeing operators’ hands. The PolyWorks|AR 2023 mixed reality application offers powerful new tools to guide laser scanning, review inspection results, and collaborate with colleagues. Users can now:
- Place the PolyWorks|Inspector 3D scene window hologram in the operator’s field of vision to see scan progress, perform additional scans in areas of poor quality data, and determine exactly where to digitize features.
- Examine feature gaps and color maps directly over the measured item.
- Call colleagues using Microsoft Teams to review team inspection results and effectively discuss manufacturing issues.
The PolyWorks|PMI+Loop model-based definition solution allows manufacturing companies to manage all dimensional checks set by design and manufacturing teams on their native CAD platform. By associating dimensional checks with CAD geometries in CAD software, PolyWorks|PMI+Loop can automatically update these checks when the CAD model changes and provide the digital traceability needed to speed up the integration of a CAD design change in an inspection project. In the 2023 release, InnovMetric improved the speed of its MBD solution by an order of magnitude and significantly reduced the size of CAD files. PolyWorks|PMI+Loop is available for Siemens NX, PTC Creo and DS SOLIDWORKS CAD platforms.
Measurement system analysis tools are essential to ensure the capability of 3D measurement processes before certifying production tools. As of the 2021 release, users can initiate a repeatability or gage R&R study directly from PolyWorks|Inspector, be guided to collect the appropriate probe, scan, and instrument measurement data, and review the results in a sheet updatable Excel calculation linked to the inspection project. In PolyWorks 2023, InnovMetric has improved the speed of data transfer to Excel while eliminating previous limitations on the number of dimensional checks, iterations, measured items, and operators.
PolyWorks 2023 offers major innovations to manage data from production lines and solve manufacturing problems faster:
- Customers can now store up to one million sampled items on a production line in a single inspection project.
- Operators can monitor production dimensional trends at a glance by viewing hundreds of graphs at once in the PolyWorks|DataLoop Web interface.
- PolyWorks|DataLoop users can now automatically find the root causes of issues by performing statistical analysis of association, identifying factors affecting output quality, and reviewing results presented in simple, user-friendly language.
The PolyWorks|DataLoop data management solution stores 3D measurement data on central servers and interconnects everyone who enters or needs to access 3D measurement information. In version 2023, the deployment of PolyWorks|DataLoop is simplified:
- InnovMetric now offers templates to install, configure and launch its data management solution on Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, in less than 15 minutes.
- PolyWorks|DataLoop now supports Azure AD and SAML 2.0 authentication protocol to enable interconnection with corporate identity servers.
InnovMetric is an independent software development company that helps industrial manufacturers of all sizes digitally transform their 3D measurement processes. InnovMetric revolutionized 3D metrology with the introduction of point cloud-based dimensional inspection in 2000 and the concept of a universal 3D metrology software platform in 2006. Today, with over 18,700 customers in 99 countries, and the largest industrial manufacturers in the world having adopted its PolyWorks solutions as a standard 3D metrology software platform, InnovMetric is focused on creating next-generation digital process and data management technologies. InnovMetric, headquartered in Quebec, Canada, is a multinational organization with 500 employees dedicated to bringing 3D measurement data to the heart of business manufacturing processes.
For more information, visit www.innovmetric.com.