BUDAPEST, Hungary, Feb 3, 2015 – GRAPHISOFT, the global leader in building information modeling (BIM) solutions for architects, has announced the release of ArchiCAD STAR Edition 2015, the latest release of its entry-level BIM solution.
ArchiCAD STAR Edition is a full-fledged BIM solution, powered by the technology of ArchiCAD 18 yet tailored to the unique needs of smaller practices, home builders, and building contractors. Available at a very competitive price, ArchiCAD STAR Edition offers full BIM capabilities to create any type of Virtual Building model and architectural documentation (floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views, details).
“ArchiCAD STAR Edition 2015 offers small firms, big software at a low price point,” said Steve Benford, managing director, GRAPHISOFT North America. “Smaller firms and users working towards incorporating BIM into their workflow will find in this software, a reinforced function set and an all-round BIM solution.”
Serving as a base for the latest ArchiCAD STAR Edition 2015, ArchiCAD 18’s robust, well-tested engine satisfies the needs of a smaller practice. Therefore, ArchiCAD STAR Edition has most of the feature set, content and benefits of ArchiCAD 18, including:
- All the necessary tools to create a proper building information model, with everything you need in the residential scale such as profiled or composite structures, priority-based junctions, the Shell tool, the MORPH tool and GDL objects;
- The building information model’s architectural documentation (floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views, details) and the ability to provide the bill of materials;
- Basic visualization techniques such as real-time shaded 3D environment, a simple rendering engine and the ability to save BIMx models;
- Full access to ArchiCAD’s 3D modeling capabilities including the Shell tool, the MORPH tool, the priority-based Junctions and GDL objects (up to version 17);
- The latest IFC, BCF, DWG and DXF file exchange capabilities to enable full model-based and hybrid coordination workflow with consultants.
For more information about ArchiCAD STAR Edition 2015, please contact your local GRAPHISOFT representative for a free demonstration or visit www.graphisoft.com/archicad/start-edition/.
GRAPHISOFT ignited the BIM revolution in 1984 with ArchiCAD, the industry first BIM software for architects. GRAPHISOFT continues to lead the industry with innovative solutions such as its revolutionary BIMcloud, the world’s first real-time BIM collaboration environment, EcoDesigner, the world’s first fully BIM-integrated “GREEN” design solution and BIMx, the world’s leading mobile app for BIM visualization. GRAPHISOFT has been a part of the Nemetschek Group since its acquisition in 2007. Visit archicad.com to see the most important milestones in ArchiCAD’s 30-year history.