BURLINGTON, MA & YOKOHAMA, Japan, June 26, 2015 – Exa Corp., the leading innovator of simulation software for product design and engineering, has unveiled the presenters for its ninth-annual PowerFLOW Solution Forum on June 26 at the Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa. Transportation industry experts from Toyota Motor Corp., Denso Corp. and other globally recognized transportation manufacturers headline this year’s presenter lineup.
The PowerFLOW Solution Forum provides industry professionals with many opportunities to learn about state-of-the-art simulation-driven design solutions from global experts. Several industry speakers will describe how the Exa simulation suite benefits the product development and design process in areas of aerodynamics, aeroacoustics and thermal management.
Exa Japan will welcome the following conference presenters:
- Dr. Tsuyoshi Yasuki, Toyota Motor Corp., will deliver the event’s keynote address. Dr. Yasuki possesses more than three decades of industry experience and will discuss how engineers can use PowerFLOW computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations to accurately evaluate and predict the flow around an actual vehicle.
- Dr. Shigeru Akaike, Denso Corp., will also deliver the event’s keynote explaining how his company used CAE tools to expand and improve its product development roadmap.
- Mr. Masahiro Yoshida, Mitsubishi Motors Corp., will describe how Mitsubishi used PowerFLOW simulations for aerodynamics development of two of its electric vehicles at last year’s Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado, USA.
- Mr. Kazuhiro Iijima, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.,will describe how Nissan leverages CAE to accelerate its product development process and his company’s plans to use ExaCLOUD, a secure, web-based cloud platform that offers a comprehensive set of simulation tools, to drive product innovation.
- Mr. Ren Chao, Shanghai Volkswagen, will explain how Volkswagen engineers used PowerFLOW simulations to improve the cooling air ratio for its Santana sedan.
- Mr. Takayuki Morita, Honda R&D Co., Ltd.,will discuss how the combination of PowerFLOW simulations and the Exa PowerTHERM thermal management solution enables his company to accurately predict vehicle brake performance.
- Dr. Ales Alajbegovic, Exa Corp., will discuss how a simulation-driven vehicle design process enables engineers to produce better vehicles that meet performance and market demands.
In addition to these distinguished presenters, Exa Corp.’s world-renowned experts will host simulation application discussions that highlight how ExaCLOUD provides cloud-based access to the full suite of Exa simulation products in a scalable and secure high-performance simulation environment. They will also discuss how ExaCLOUD brings state-of-the-art engineering to all companies and eliminates the need for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to invest in expensive hardware and the associated maintenance costs.
“Simulation-driven design has become indispensable for product development. Incorporating digital tools early in the product design process enables the designer to get the simulation results quickly while achieving target performance goals, resulting in better products and reducing development costs,” Exa Japan president Kazuhito Ishikawa said. “At this year’s PowerFLOW Solution Forum, we will introduce an efficient method of utilizing digital tools for design challenges. We look forward to your attendance.”
To learn more about the Exa Japan PowerFLOW Solution Forum 2015, visit Exa Japan’s website (http://exajapan.jp) or contact Exa Japan at email@example.com.
About Exa Corp.
Exa Corp.’s visualization and simulation software helps designers and engineers produce better vehicles and equipment. As a design evolves, Exa accurately predicts the performance of that design while providing actionable insight to optimize the performance of the product. With Exa, the need for costly physical prototypes and expensive late-stage changes is reduced. Now, designers and engineers are freed from the risk of producing compromised products that do not meet market and regulatory requirements. Some of the most successful product companies in the world use Exa, including BMW, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Kenworth, MAN, Nissan, Peterbilt, Renault, Scania, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo Trucks.
Founded in 1991, the company is headquartered at 55 Network Drive, Burlington, MA, USA 01803. Tel: 1.781.564.0200; Fax: 1.781.564.0299; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; URL: www.exa.com;