Also releases 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS 14
ROCK HILL, SC, Feb 7, 2019 – Today, 3D Systems, the additive manufacturing solutions company, announced new releases of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS 2019 and 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS 14 – two leading software solutions created to help SOLIDWORKS users streamline 3D scan data workflows and optimize and prepare part designs for 3D printing – regardless of complexity – for plastic and metal additive manufacturing. Designed exclusively for the SOLIDWORKS community, these software solutions enable SOLIDWORKS users to streamline their digital workflows to design and produce better parts, faster.
“3D Systems’ end-to-end software solutions are a catalyst in the product development cycle,” said Radhika Krishnan, senior vice president, general manager, software, 3D Systems. “With the new releases of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS and 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS, 3D Systems is reinforcing our commitment to the SOLIDWORKS community to streamline digital product design as well as making additive manufacturing an integral part of the workflow – increasing efficiencies and lowering total cost of operation. The power of these software solutions to transform business is what delivers true competitive advantage.”
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS is the industry’s only complete integrated 3D scan-to-SOLIDWORKS software solution. The software helps designers reduce the time required to build CAD models of real-world objects from hours to minutes by using advanced, automated wizards to quickly and easily create sketches, surfaces, and feature-based editable solid parts inside SOLIDWORKS – directly from 3D Scan data.
“After implementing Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS into our 3D scanning and design process, we have seen an approximate 30% reduction in cycle time, from initial 3D scanning to having a SOLIDWORKS file ready for the CAD design process,” said Eric Steen, R&D manager, Yoshimura R&D of America. “Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS greatly improved the accuracy and speed of our 3D point cloud collection process, and having Geomagic run smoothly inside of SOLIDWORKS instead of a standalone software has simplified this process even further. Yoshimura R&D relies on Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS as an integral part of our R&D processes.”
Available worldwide in 13 languages, Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS has received SOLIDWORKS’ Gold Product Certification, signifying the highest level of integration and support for SOLIDWORKS’ users. The newest version of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS will enable users to:
- Scan with the latest devices and import the most recent formats needed for their workflows – facilitating more rapid design.
- Capture color data of scanned objects and import it into SOLIDWORKS: Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS now allows the direct scanning or importing of scans with color information into SOLIDWORKS. This new capability provides greater visual clarity for engineers as compared to working with black-and-white images especially when used for applications such as face and body scans as well as long-range scanning for construction and landscape applications.
- Work in a more intuitive user interface and user experience environment, with a clearer distinction between the scan-specific tools and the SOLIDWORKS application’s own tools.
- Enhance workflows: New tools and enhancements provide users with more streamlined workflows in their modeling process through new commands for Probe Points, Extract Reference Point and Edit Scan to manipulate multiple scan objects simultaneously. The combination of these tools helps speed the product design process.
General availability of the new version of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS is planned for March 2019. Designers and engineers can experience the benefits of Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS through a free 15-day trial available for download.
3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS is an add-on for SOLIDWORKS, extending SOLIDWORKS design capabilities with a complete design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) toolset, equipping designers with everything they need to prepare and optimize their designs for 3D printing. The new version of 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS further enhances the direct path from SOLIDWORKS to additive manufacturing and enables users to:
- Design more shapes in more ways: new lattice types and extensive control over lattice structures, allow users to develop their own structures and to convert their expertise and IP into competitive edge, creating lighter weight parts with enhanced functional properties.
- Shorten time to market: a click of a button in SOLIDWORKS brings SOLIDWORKS CAD data directly into 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS and read back to SOLIDWORKS the optimized and ready for print data. Engineering changes, which are frequent at the design phase, are easily applied to the ready for print models without losing the work that was done so far, helping designers to stay within schedule and budget.
- Design with Additive Manufacturing in Mind: Understanding manufacturing constraints and the design decisions’ implications on the quality and cost of the printed part are essential for the designers in order to come up with the most cost-effective design and reduce design iterations. New 2D / 3D nesting tools, new joint-cut tool and enhanced part orientation and analysis tools in the new version, make manufacturing considerations accessible to SOLIDWORKS designers during the design process.
Available exclusively to SOLIDWORKS customers, 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS standard edition is available via download. Additional add-ons and 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS Professional edition are available through the VAR network. For more information, visit the 3D Systems website.
3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS was launched at SOLIDWORKS World 2018, and has seen broad market adoption and success. Imprint Medical, a project development and design bureau that specializes in the orthopedics market, has adopted 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS to enhance its lattice-based implant design. “The lattice performance of 3DXpert for SOLIDWORKS is 10 times faster compared to any other solution we tested, enabling us to shorten the design for additive cycle of complex geometries by 50 percent,” said Didier Guillon-Cottard, chief executive officer, Imprint Medical. “Moreover, being able to alter lattice cell parameters allows us to bring our competitive expertise into play.”
SOLIDWORKS World 2019 attendees can see these solutions and speak with 3D Systems’ application experts in booth #422 February 10 – 13. The company’s experts will also deliver presentations on these feature products during the event:
- “Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS presents: Accelerating Product Development with Integrated 3D Scanning and 3D Scan-based Design,” Sunday, February 10 at 5:30pm
- “What’s New with Geomagic, 3D Scan Data, and SOLIDWORKS,” Wednesday, February 13 at 8:30am.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn more about 3D Systems’ portfolio of transformational additive manufacturing solutions – encompassing software, materials, 3D printers, and services including Geomagic Design X 2019, Geomagic Control X, 3DXpert, GibbsCAM 13, Figure 4 Standalone, FabPro 1000 and ProJet MJP 2500.
For more information about 3D Systems’ presence at SOLIDWORKS World 2019, please visit the company’s website.
About 3D Systems
More than 30 years ago, 3D Systems brought the innovation of 3D printing to the manufacturing industry. Today, as the leading additive manufacturing solutions company, it empowers manufacturers to create products and business models never before possible through transformed workflows. This is achieved with the Company’s best-of-breed digital manufacturing ecosystem – comprised of plastic and metal 3D printers, print materials, on demand manufacturing services and a portfolio of end-to-end manufacturing software. Each solution is powered by the expertise of the company’s application engineers who collaborate with customers to transform manufacturing environments. 3D Systems’ solutions address a variety of advanced applications for prototyping through production in markets such as aerospace, automotive, medical, dental and consumer goods.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.