SCOTTSDALE, AZ, Apr 26, 2021 – Open Design Alliance (ODA), the leading provider of CAD and BIM interoperability solutions, announced today the release of Open IFC Viewer version 22.3, a free viewer for the open standard IFC format developed by buildingSMART International (bSI).Open IFC Viewer version 22.3 includes the following new features:
- Measurement – Distances can be measured in an IFC model, including the ability to snap to the nearest vertex.
- Publishing – IFC models can be published to interactive 3D PDF.
- Snapshots – Model snapshots can be saved to a number of common bitmap formats.
- Improved Visual Fidelity – Anti-aliasing and ground shadows provide greater scene realism.
- View Cube – An interactive view cube simplifies 3D navigation.
“Our new measurement support and 3D PDF publishing make Open IFC Viewer more attractive for professional users,” said Neil Peterson, ODA president. “We’re also pleased to offer features such as anti-aliasing and ground shadows, which are inherited from our Visualize SDK.
“Open IFC Viewer is a great example of the type of sophisticated application you can easily build with ODA Software. ODA members can integrate our advanced technologies into their own applications, or can simply rebrand the viewer for their own needs.”
Availability and Pricing
Open IFC Viewer version 22.3 is available at no cost for personal and professional use at openifcviewer.com.
Open IFC Viewer is developed using ODA IFC SDK and ODA Visualize SDK. The SDKs along with full source code for the viewer are available to ODA members at opendesign.com.
About Open Design Alliance
ODA develops interoperability solutions for CAD and BIM. Our SDKs provide data access, creation, visualization, web collaboration and publishing for a wide range of engineering file formats. ODA is supported by more than 1,200 member companies worldwide, including software developers, manufacturers, government agencies, AEC firms, major retailers and other organizations. Learn more at opendesign.com.