CNC Software, Inc., producers of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, announced a 4-axis milling post processor that will unleash the highest productivity on SINUMERIK-controlled machine tools. The new post processor was developed utilizing the technical expertise of Siemens CNC engineers.
- CYCLE 832 support for high-speed settings, now including the latest Top Surface functionality.
- Drill cycles (CYCLES 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 840), with full 4-axis support.
- WORKPIECE output for graphical simulation, including rotary axis blank orientations.
- Tool call as tool name or tool number.
- TOFFR option.
- Siemens 4-axis application guide.
- Optimized multiaxis toolpath utilizing the FGROUP and FGREF commands.
- Streamlined program editing with the GROUPS functionality.
It is cooperation like this that provides Mastercam users the opportunity to truly complement their CAM investment and give their shops the best chance at a more efficient manufacturing solution, from design to part.
Headquartered in Tolland, CT, CNC Software, Inc. develops Mastercam, a Windows-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis routing, milling and turning, 2- and 4-axis wire EDM, 2D and 3D design, surface, and solid modeling. Founded in 1983, the privately-owned company provides CAD/CAM solutions with more than 250,000 installations in 75 countries, in industries including moldmaking, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, consumer products, and much more.
For more information, please visit www.mastercam.com.
About Siemens USA
Siemens Corporation is a US subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. With approximately 372,000 employees in more than 190 countries, Siemens reported worldwide revenue of $92.0 billion in fiscal 2017. Siemens in the USA reported revenue of $23.3 billion, including $5.0 billion in exports, and employs approximately 50,000 people throughout all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
For more information about Siemens machine tool solutions, please visit www.usa.siemens.com/cnc.