MachineWorks Ltd. has announced the availability of Polygonica 3.2, a substantial upgrade from previous versions.
Polygonica is a component software library for working with polygon meshes that helps companies in a range of industrial markets solve complex 2D and 3D geometrical problems.
The main functions of Polygonica include healing, Booleans, offsetting, remeshing, simplification, shrinkwrap, surface and feature detection and point-cloud manipulation and meshing.
Headline improvements in Polygonica 3.2 include:
- Mesh deformation for AM compensation:
- General smooth mesh morphing operations.
- Computation of accurate deformation vector fields between two meshes.
- Application can define deformation from CAE simulation or scanned part.
- Mesh Mesh registration:
- Accurately register two meshes from different coordinate spaces.
- Refine registration based on application defined regions.
- Register scanned mesh with CAD part.
- 3D Medial Axis:
- Compute the medial axis of a solid as a set of points and corresponding radii.
- Remeshing enhancements:
- Keep exact shape of original model.
- Adapt triangle edge lengths to small features on the mesh.
- Specify vertices to preserve during remeshing.
- Specify minimum edge lengths during curvature-sensitive remeshing.
- Extensions to offsetting to allow deeper analysis of the offset result:
- Create a new offset with faces, edges and vertices mapped from the original.
- Report significant intersection edges between the resulting offset faces that were part of different surfaces on the original solid.
- Hatch and infill extensions:
- A new dilation operation has been added to offset open, self-intersecting polylines that do not represent closed regions.
About MachineWorks Ltd
MachineWorks Ltd has been providing advanced 3D software engines to manufacturers and engineering software developers since 1994.
MachineWorks is the toolkit for CNC simulation and verification and is supplied embedded within a wide range of brands from major machine tools and CNC controller manufacturers and CAM software vendors. With over fifty major OEM licensees, Polygonica is the leading engine for polygon-mesh modeling and is widely used in a range of markets, including CAD, CAM, CAE, and AM, along with Medical, Dental, EDA, Metrology, AEC, Construction, Mining, and other large capital asset industries.
Companies who integrate MachineWorks’ components into their software solutions include Dassault Systemes, Autodesk, Hexagon MI, Ansys, Synopsys, AECOM, 3D Systems, Stratasys, OpenMind, CAMBRIO, Desktop Metal, Nexa3D, Heidenhain, Okuma, DMG Mori, HCL, SolidCAM, Convergent Science, SimScale, Topsolid, ZWSoft, Diota, CASTOR, CADS Additive, Intech Additive Solutions, and Go2CAM.