SAN FRANCISCO, CA, Mar 18, 2021 – Ideate Software, an Autodesk AEC industry partner and Autodesk authorized developer, has announced its collaboration with Pollard Thomas Edwards (PTE), a UK firm that works with communities, local authorities and commercial clients to design homes, neighborhoods, public and mixed-use buildings throughout the United Kingdom.
One of the ways PTE helps its 150+ professionals focus on enhancing the local towns, cities and villages is by using Ideate Software tools.
Steve Deadman, head of BIM at PTE said, “I have been a fan of Ideate Software for several years. Their tools simplify a lot of Revit tasks the team and I perform every day.”
When talking about some of their favorite uses of Ideate Software tools, Steve mentioned:
- “The Query function within Ideate Explorer is powerful. I do a lot of model auditing, and this tool speeds the process by making it easy to find in-place families. I can either let the team know about them or simply delete them. This task would be a struggle without Ideate Explorer.”
- “We’ve all been in the situation where a rogue level appears in a project, and we’re tempted to hit the delete button. Before taking that step, we use Ideate SmartDelete to see what will be deleted along with the level. We then remove anything we need to keep.”
- “Everyone on our team loves Ideate Clone. Copying a sheet and its viewports should be native in Revit, but it isn’t. The ability to do it in Ideate Clone is very useful and saves us a lot of time.”
- “We really like the new function within Ideate SheetManager that allows us to place unplaced views onto sheets using another one as a template. This process gives us another dimension for managing sheets quickly.”
- “Where would we be without Ideate BIMLink? From simple data management tasks like updating sheet information and editing schedule information to project setup tasks such as creating views and sheets and placing views on the sheets, Ideate BIMLink does it all. We simply would waste so much time without it.”
Read more about this collaboration and learn more about three PTE projects recognized at the 2020 British Home Awards.
About Ideate Software
Ideate Software, an Autodesk AEC industry partner and Autodesk authorized developer, empowers Revit users to gain unprecedented control over their data. Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Explorer, Ideate Sticky, IdeateApps and Ideate StyleManager were all developed to solve persistent problems in architecture, engineering, construction, and owner (AECO) workflows. Ideate Software solutions enable Revit users to save time, increase accuracy, improve project deliverables and elevate design.
For more information, visit www.ideatesoftware.com.