MAYSVILLE, KY, July 17, 2018 – Carlson Software’s popular and versatile in-the-field land surveying software, Carlson SurvCE 6.0 for data collectors and Carlson SurvPC 6.0 for ruggedized tablets and laptops is now available.
The newly released software features several new features, improvements, and introduces the optional paid Hybrid+ module, allowing users to survey with both GPS and total station at the same time.
“SurvCE 6.0 really focuses on efficiency,” said Sarah Winter, director of SurvCE Programming Division. “The beauty of Hybrid+ is that it puts all of the surveyors’ tools at their immediate disposal so that they are always ready to get the shot they need when they need it. We know that when our customers are out in the field, they need to collect accurate data as quickly as possible. Time is money.”
New 6.0 features include:
- GIS Inspector – Allows easy viewing of GIS attributes when selecting points in the map, and prompts for attributes when storing points from the map view.
- Surface Inspector – Allows easy comparison of plan versus as-built in elevation difference, making it more simple to store and stake any point in elevation difference.
- Obstructed Point Stakeout – An enhanced stakeout method to stake a point that is obstructed by marking azimuth and distance on two points.
- Automatic Backsite Check – A button to turn to the backsite, measure the position, and report the error at any time.
For a full list of improvements and technically changes, please see the Release Notes.
The new voice prompting for stakeout and instrument status is exclusive to SurvPC 6.0 and allows users to keep focus on a point.
SurvCE 6.0 provides the option to use Google, Open Street, or Esri map backgrounds and presents enhanced icons in survey screens like the Laser Pointer icon, which will allow users to toggle their laser pointer from any screen. The Instrument Status icon is now available on all screens, indicating a connected and fixed position, and the Search icon now offers all available search options.
Newest instrument drivers added to the list compatible with SurvCE/SurvPC can be found at survce.com/supportedHardware.
SurvCE 6.0 is available in more than two dozen languages: English, Spanish, German, French, French (Canadian), Russian, Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, Chinese, Korean, Greek, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Swedish, Latvian and more.
Upgrading to SurvCE 6.0 is easy, simply upgrade in three steps:
- Confirm SurvCE 6.0 supports your Data Collector by visiting our Supported Hardware List. If your data collector is not supported, consider upgrading your Hardware to one of these units.
- Upgrade Online by providing your current SurvCE serial number or contact your Carlson Software Representative or Certified Dealer.
- Last, download and register SurvCE 6.0, and that’s it!
About Carlson Software
Carlson Software develops technically advanced software and integrated hardware providing full project lifecycle solutions to land development, mining, and machine control professionals.
For more information, visit www.carlsonsw.com.