THESSALONIKI, Greece, Nov 17, 2014 – BETA CAE System S.A. announces the release of v15.1.3 of ANSA/μETA pre- and post- processing suite. This maintenance release focuses on the correction of identified issues for the ANSA/μETA 15.1x branch and is addressed to those who wish to continue to use the v15.1x branch with its issues resolved.
This release of v15.1.3 implements code corrections, to the v15.1.2 release and the latest pre-existing releases of the 15x branches.
The corrections implemented in this release were also propagated to the imminent v15.2.0.
Known issues resolved in ANSA
- The measurements of 2nd order solid Facets could provide erroneous results.
- Volumes might not be recognized correctly.
Connections & Assembly
- In certain cases, when applying Checks>Connections, all connections would be checked instead of only the visible.
- The performance in Connectors realization has been enhanced.
- Applying Utilities>Transform might not affect C.PLANES.
- Transformation with Scale definitions might have erroneous behavior on the model.
- LS-DYNA: When a database contained BOXes, erroneous calculation of mass would occur when performing the calculation on visible entities.
- MEDINA: When the Offset was in mode “Free-ID”, entities with conflicting IDs would be skipped during input.
- Abaqus: In certain cases, applying the Checks>Contacts>From List for 2nd order elements would result in excessive memory usage or unexpected termination.
Enhancements and known issues resolved in µETA
Enhancements in µETA
- Abaqus 6.14 is now supported.
- Hyperelastic CTRIA6/CQUAD8 elements are now supported.
Known issues resolved in µETA
- Clear and create new could lead to unexpected termination.
- Unexpected termination might occur when reading a filename that contained the characters %n.
- Contact Status results were not read correctly from SOL400 results.
- Reading vector results from FEMZIP-compressed files might cause unexpected termination.
- Unexpected termination when importing a .dat file.
- Wrong nodal stresses were produced when field results were linearly combined with the Average, Compute option.
- Unexpected termination might occur when calculating responses using mass connections
- Saving reports that included spreadsheets with user-defined cell-coloring would yield corrupt files.
- Unexpected termination might occur when cancelling the recording of a video started from within the Report Composer.
Compatibility and Supported Platforms
ANSA files saved by all the first and second point releases of a major version are compatible to each other.
New major versions can read files saved by previous ones but not vice versa.
The .metadb files saved with μETA version 15.1.3 are compatible and can be opened by earlier versions of μETA.
Support for 32-bit platforms has been discontinued for all operating systems except for Windows.
Where to Download from
Customers who are served directly by BETA CAE Systems S.A. may download the new software, examples and documentation from their account on our server. They can access their account through the “user login” link at their website http://www.beta-cae.gr.
Contact them if you miss your account details. The [Public] link will give you access to the public downloads area.
Customers who are served by a local business agent should contact the local support channel for software distribution details.
What to Download
All files required for the installation of this version reside in the folder named “BETA_CAE_Systems_v15.1.3” and are dated as of November 11, 2014. These files should replace any pre-releases or other files downloaded prior to that date.
The distribution of this version of our pre- and post-processing suite is packaged in one, single, unified installation file that invokes the respective installer and guides the procedure for the installation of the required components.
For the installation of the software on each platform type, the.sh installer file residing in the folder with respective platform name, for Linux and MacOS or the respective .msi installer file for Windows, 32bit or 64bit, have to be downloaded.
In addition to the above, optionally, the µETA Viewer is available to be downloaded for each supported platform.
The tutorials and the example files reside in the folder named “TUTORIALS”. This folder includes the complete package of the tutorials and example files, and a package with only the updated ones.
The Abaqus libraries required for the post-processing of Abaqus .odb files are included in the installation package and can be optionally unpacked.
Earlier software releases are also available in the sub-directory called “old” or in a folder named after the product and version number.