Basic d.o.o. has announced AutoDXF v4 for optimizing Autodesk Inventor sheet metal workflow. New functionality includes automatic detection of threaded holes on flat patterns and their placement on a separate layer when exporting flat patterns to DXF.
AutoDXF is an add-in for Autodesk Inventor. It’s accessible from assembly environment and is used for batch creation and export of sheet metal flat patterns from entire assembly in few easy steps. It allows you to easily collect and preview all sheet metal components, automatically create flat patterns, identify potential issues with them and batch export them to DXF or DWG files. Creation of customizable Word document with list of sheet metal parts with associated data is also supported.
AutoDXF v4 features:
- Automatically find and list all sheet metal parts in assembly
- Quickly find and open specific sheet metal component
- Identify flat pattern status of sheet metal parts
- Automatic creation of flat patterns
- Generation of Flat Pattern thumbnails
- Automatic detection of threaded holes on flat patterns. When exporting to DXF those can be placed on a customizable separate layer (new in V4)
- Optional automatic creation of Points in centers of threads when exporting to DXF (new in V4)
- Direct rotation of Flat Patterns by 90°steps
- Flat pattern generation for parts derived from sheet metal parts (mirrored parts and parts derived from multibody sheet metal parts)
- Batch export of flat patterns to DXF or DWG files
- Add text descriptions to DXF files
- Flexible DXF/DWG file naming
- Use custom iProperties for building file names, text descriptions and Word document
- Set layer names, colors, line weights and line widths
- Exporting list of sheet metal parts including thumbnails to Microsoft Word
- Slovenian and English user interface
- AutoDXF v4 supports Inventor 2018 and 2019 (v2 supports Inventor 2015-2017)
AutoDXF v4 for Autodesk Inventor is now available as demo and for purchase at www.basic.si/autodxf.