ROCK HILL, SC, Sep 9, 2016 – 3D Systems announced the immediate availability of the newly released Geomagic Control X software for 3D inspection and metrology.
“Geomagic Control X builds on our 20-year legacy of top-grade inspection software development to introduce the world’s best-in-class metrology software,” said Scott Green, director of product management, software solutions, 3D Systems. “The outcome is an easy-to-use solution that answers the measurement analysis requirements of manufacturers worldwide.”
3D Systems Geomagic Control X enables precise, rapid, digital inspection for results-driven quality management and metrology workflows. This new and intuitive software delivers comprehensive and innovative toolsets for the professional metrology process. Geomagic Control X also includes traceable, accurate and customizable reporting and analysis tools to quickly assure and document quality measures.
Key features of Geomagic Control X include:
- New Synchronous and Assembly Inspection tools: Geomagic Control X enables fast, accurate, unordered inspection and automatically generates editable, history-based inspection trees for repeatable inspections. Expand inspections to full product assemblies with a complete range of measurement, tolerance stacking and other analysis tools.
- New User Interface: A refreshed user interface makes it easier to find and use the entire range of feature-rich options for measuring and analyzing parts.
- New Walk-up Probing for greater productivity: Geomagic Control X now enables walk-up probing alongside pre-planned probing for fast generation of results every time.
- Improved CAD-Aware Dimensioning, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI) Support and Comprehensive Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Callouts: Intuitive dimensioning based on CAD features delivers increased efficiency while advanced PMI and GD&T support facilitate results interpretation to keep all stakeholders on the same page.
- New Multiple Results Analysis: Simultaneous analysis using multiple results and mating parts enables faster comparison, analysis and understanding of root causes behind existing production issues.
- New Custom Report Definition: Highly flexible report definition makes compiling unique data sets fast and simple.
- Repeatable Probing Processes with LiveInspect: Build repeatability and reliability into your inspection processes with LiveInspect. Geomagic Control X allows you to pre-plan your inspection processes and reporting for portable CMMs, and execute them at a later date, again and again. Engineers can effortlessly switch between probiGeomagic Control X supports all industry-standard non-contact and optical scanners, and a wide range of portable probing and tactile devices. This software imports all major CAD file formats, including CATIA, NX, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor and more, in addition to PMI and GD&T data. All CAD importers are delivered at no additional cost.
“Geomagic Control X is by far the most intuitive and powerful inspection software we have ever used,” said James Earl, managing director, OR3D. “We are excited for the improvements this software will bring to our customers.”
This software update is available to all active customers of 3D Systems’ Maintenance Program.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides comprehensive 3D products and services, including 3D printers, print materials, on-demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its ecosystem supports advanced applications from the product design shop to the factory floor to the operating room. 3D Systems’ precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning, and printing of medical and dental devices as well as patient-specific surgical instruments. As the originator of 3D printing and a shaper of future 3D solutions, 3D Systems has spent its 30 year history enabling professionals and companies to optimize their designs, transform their workflows, bring innovative products to market and drive new business models.
More information on the company is available at http://www.3dsystems.com/.