SAN DIEGO, CA, Oct 14, 2016 – XYZprinting, the world’s leading desktop 3D printer manufacturer, announced the availability of the company’s first toy and education-focused 3D printer, the da Vinci miniMaker, a beginner-friendly 3D printer designed for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) education. Retailing for $249, the da Vinci miniMaker is now available at XYZprinting‘s online store and Amazon.com.
“Teachers, parents and students are always looking for new and unique ways to make teaching and learning core skills fun for everyone,” said Simon Shen, CEO of XYZprinting and New Kinpo Group. “Our new da Vinci miniMaker is not only affordably priced to fit school and household budgets, but it will help encourage, expand, and shape the cognitive skills and abilities of the next generation of engineers, designers, and creators.”
Not an ordinary STEM / STEAM toy, the da Vinci miniMaker enables educators and parents to engage young learners in real-life applications of 3D printing to develop collaboration and problem-solving skills in STEAM and STEM subjects, spurring creativity and interactive learning in the years to come. The newest 3D printer in the lauded da Vinci product line features:
- Print Forever: The education-friendly toy that keeps pace with you as you continue to grow and develop your core STEM skills over the years, the da Vinci miniMaker is not limited in content.
- Compact and Robust Design: The da Vinci miniMaker is 30 percent smaller than the da Vinci Jr. 1.0, but retains the same build size of 5.9″ x 5.9″ x 5.9″. Perfect for small spaces in classrooms or at home.
- Eco-friendly and Safe: The da Vinci miniMaker only prints with XYZprinting’s biodegradable, non-toxic PLA filament. This filament has gone through various tests to ensure that it is DEHP-free and Heavy Metal-free for user safety.
- Intuitive Auto-Calibration: This function automatically determines and sets the distance and leveling of the print bed and the extruder module with minimal effort by the user and resulting in the best possible prints in the classroom or at home.
- Flexible iOS Support: The da Vinci miniMaker offers Windows 7 and above (for PC) and Mac OSX 10.8 and above (for Mac) support to ensure seamless operation.
Parents, teachers, and students purchasing a new da Vinci miniMaker, or those who have been using any da Vinci products, have access to XYZprinting’s “Educational Ecosystem” to aid in curriculum and project development. The ecosystem includes:
- XYZmaker, an intuitive 3D modeling application for young users, allowing for 3D printing to be seamlessly incorporated into the classroom
- XYZ 3D Gallery, where users have access to more than 4,500 free 3D models across nine categories, including everything from educational items and art designs to toys and games
- XYZprinting STEAM, a free 3D printing curriculum exchange platform for all grades K-12
“With these resources, educators can incorporate 3D printing into their existing curriculum,” said Ian Snyder, a 10th – 12th grade physical and life science teacher at a Pennsylvania high school, who has been using 3D printers to better engage his students. “Make sure to incorporate creativity into your class. Students have trouble returning to their roots of exploring how things work.”
Additionally, XYZprinting is releasing the ultimate 3D printing companion, the XYZprinting 3D Scanner Pro. The 3D Scanner Pro quickly captures full-color, full-body scans of large objects or even your friends and family members. Scanned items can easily be uploaded, viewed, repaired or altered – as needed – with XYZprinting editing software. The new scanner will be available October 21 for $249.
To learn more about XYZprinting’s diverse 3D printing solutions visit www.xyzprinting.
XYZprinting, a New Kinpo Group company, is the world’s leading 3D printing manufacturer. Dedicated to bringing cost-effective 3D printing to educators and classrooms, consumers and artists, small-to-midsized businesses, and households around the world, XYZprinting has broken down the barriers of 3D printer ownership by providing an easy-to-use device that delivers an outstanding user experience, whether connected to a computer or via mobile. Its printers have won several accolades within the 3D printing industry at major technology industry events and by top publications. XYZprinting currently has offices in China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, the United States and Europe.
To learn more about XYZprinting products, view useful tutorials, receive online or phone customer service, and access galleries for free, downloadable 3D designs, please visit http://us.xyzprinting.com.
About New Kinpo Group (NKG)
New Kinpo Group, a corporation of several subsidiaries including Cal-Comp, XYZprinting, Kinpo Electronics and AcBel, is a global electronic manufacturing services (EMS) and original design manufacturing (ODM) company that offers its customers lower costs, faster delivery times and world-class product quality. The company’s EMS business spans multiple product lines, including storage, printers, network-attached storage (NAS), wireless and broadband, digital home, consumer electronics, wearables, 3D printing, robotics, power management and smart grid, industrial, automotive, security, medical/healthcare and emerging technologies. New Kinpo Group’s network of strategically located manufacturing sites have the added benefit of allowing customers to manufacture products closer to their end customers, resulting in dramatically reduced shipping costs, lower tariffs and more cost-effective inventory management.
For more information, visit http://en.newkinpogroup.com/