SAN DIEGO, CA, Apr 16, 2015 – XYZprinting, the manufacturer of the world’s most affordable consumer grade 3D printers, announced the release of the $349 da Vinci Junior 1.0, the best-valued 3D printing solution available for public purchase.
The da Vinci Junior 1.0 increases the accessibility of 3D printing to a broader range of consumers, particularly aimed at educators, families and hobbyists. XYZprinting will be making the da Vinci Junior series a main focus this year for a broader (and younger) consumer audience, releasing three versions of the product, including a wireless-connected version, which will be released in later 2015.
The device’s all-enclosed printing area and non-heated bed provides a safe printing environment for first time 3D designers and young users. The da Vinci Junior 1.0 requires zero calibration, and features a new auto-loading filament system, which notifies users when filament is running low. The printer also includes a new one click, fast-release extruder, making it more convenient for users to change and remove extruders for cleaning or replacement. The 3D printer was designed to provide minimal noise, the lowest of all 3D printers to-date, making it optimal for classroom or home use.
In addition, the da Vinci Junior 1.0 was designed to minimize environmental impact. Due to its compact design, the printer only consumes 75 watts of power, and the device uses XYZprinting’s new biodegradable PLA filaments that print materials at very low temperatures.
The da Vinci Junior 1.0 debut at CES 2015 and was awarded PC Magazine’s Best of CES award and TWICE’s CES Award. The printer will be displayed at the Inside 3D Printing Show taking place in New York City today through April 17, 2015.
Additional Features of the da Vinci Junior 1.0 Include:
- Plug-and-Play: da Vinci Junior 1.0 is simple and easy to operate, with no assembly required.
- Stand-Alone Printing: A built-in SD card slot allows users to print directly from an SD card, with no computer required. This stand-alone feature is ideal for shared 3D printers in schools or offices.
- Build Size and Dimensions: da Vinci Junior 1.0 uses fused filament fabrication (FFF) technology and reaches print dimensions of 5.9″ x 5.9″x 5.9″ (150 x 150 x 150 mm), with product dimensions of 16.5″ x 15″ x 16.9″ (420 x 380 x 430 mm). The compact and seamless printer weighs only 12kg.
- Large Design Database: XYZprinting’s cloud-based design gallery features thousands of 3D models for downloading, as well as uploading.
- Warranty: a one-year limited warranty is included at no additional cost.
In addition to the launch of the da Vinci Junior 1.0, XYZprinting is also releasing XYZrobo, a free 3D model creation app, available on Google Play and the Apple App Store, which gives users the ability to create interlocking blocks for personalized, motion-capable robots and figurines. The easy-to-use app is suitable for all ages, and compatible with all of XYZprinting’s da Vinci 3D printers.
XYZprinting, a New Kinpo Group company, is dedicated to bringing cost-effective 3D printing to consumers, artists, small-to-midsized businesses, entrepreneurs and households around the world. With proven industry expertise and an innovative spirit, XYZprinting is poised to break down the barriers of 3D printer ownership by providing an easy-to-use device that delivers an outstanding user experience. To learn more, please visit http://us.xyzprinting.com.
About New Kinpo Group
New Kinpo Group (NKG) is a global electronic manufacturing services (EMS) and original design manufacturing (ODM) company that offers its customers lower costs, faster delivery times and world-class product quality. NKG has one of the industry’s broadest product lines, is the world’s #1 manufacturer of wireless routers, TV set top boxes, printers and hard disk drives, and offers end-to-end service. For more information and ongoing news, please go to http://www.newkinpogroup.com/english/index.html.