COLUMBIA, MD, Nov 23, 2016 – Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc.announces the release of the Spanish version of its Vectorworks 2017 product line, which includes Vectorworks Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals. The Spanish version builds upon the initial English version, released in September, and joins the nine additional language versions of the product line that will all be available by spring of 2017, including: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Italian, Norwegian and Portuguese.
“Our Spanish-language version is part of our continued worldwide rollout of Vectorworks 2017 software in 11 different languages,” said Vectorworks CEO Dr. Biplab Sarkar. “With each release, we strive to better equip and empower designers in the architecture, entertainment and landscape industries to create unmatched experiences. Now offering new, robust BIM features like the Slab Drainage tool and data visualization, as well as, innovative irrigation tools and integrated Renderworks features, this year’s release continues that mission.”
With an active community, Vectorworks’ commitment to incorporating user input was further strengthened with this release. Once again, over 70 percent of the version updates and new features originated directly from designer feedback. Out of the 100-plus updates, some of the key features of the software include:
- The new Resource Manager enables designers to create, find, edit and apply desired resources to their projects. Offering direct browsing of resources from multiple content locations, the new feature also includes all Vectorworks Service Select libraries for subscription users. Designers can now easily find what’s needed with powerful search and filtering, attach metadata tags and access resources directly with Vectorworks’ parametric tools.
- With advanced door and window object styles, architects have improved flexibility in their design processes when modifying the style, data and geometry of the doors and windows in their models and producing accurate worksheets in a few quick clicks. These improvements simplify BIM workflows and management of sweeping model changes.
- New irrigation tools streamline the site’s irrigation planning process, including considerations and calculations related to both its physical features and resource availability. The irrigation tool allows designers to create zones of similar watering needs with the new Hydrozone tool and then use built-in worksheets to analyze for water efficiency, making satisfying a site’s water budget allowance simple. Whether specifying lateral and main piping, sprinkler heads, drip systems, valves, controllers or other system components, the automated and manual placement methods meet industry standards while providing the flexibility to design, document and estimate proposed and as-built systems efficiently.
- Professionals can easily share designs with clients and collaborators using Vectorworks software’s immersive web view and virtual reality. The feature generates a link that allows anyone, anywhere, to view and experience models in 3D on any device without any additional hardware.
- The Vectorworks Graphics Module has been reengineered to enable smoother navigation and multi-threaded drawing for complex scenes.
- With the new cable tools created by Sam Jones of AutoPlot, designers can plan how cables will run and keep an accurate count of the number and types of cables for improved documentation and efficiency, making onsite setup easier.
- The Slab Drainage tool allows designers to create sloped slabs and flat roofs featuring tapered components. This feature will help inform design decisions, document all essential data and allow for easy change management across a given BIM design.
- In Vectorworks 2017, project sharing enhancements integrates customer feedback from its initial release in Vectorworks 2016 and frees designers to work anywhere at any time with cloud integration that allows them to save project files in Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box. It also offers more options to customize multi-user workflows with the ability to check out individual objects or layers.
- New capabilities to data visualization in viewports bring together unparalleled graphic abilities with enhanced information modeling capabilities. It allows control of smart objects’ graphic attributes based upon data and parametric values, giving designers the ability to visually differentiate between objects based upon the data attached to an object.
- All Vectorworks software products now include Renderworks features powered by the Cinema 4D render engine to better visualize a model throughout the design process while producing clear and accurate illustrations and renderings.
- With a unified symbol library, the addition of fixture modes, enhanced Vision Data Export Mapping and a new Send to Vision command, designers will enjoy the benefits of a reduction in repetitive design tasks for previsualization workflows with Spotlight and Vision 2017 software.
- Previously only available to Vectorworks Service Select subscribers, Cloud Services is open for everyone, offering the ability to easily share files between team members and provide a simple interface for collaborators and clients to tour models using the mobile app, Vectorworks Nomad.
Designers can tune in to the upcoming “What’s New in Architect 2017” webinar for insight regarding the new release on December 7, 2016 at 11:00AM ET. Registrants will receive the webinar recording on demand after the airing.
To purchase Vectorworks 2017 in Spanish, find your local distributor at vectorworks.net/international.
About Vectorworks, Inc.
Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design and BIM software developer serving over 650,000 professionals in the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries. Since 1985, we’ve been committed to helping designers capture inspiration, nurture innovation, communicate effectively and bring their visions to life. With our cross-platform software, designers can build data-rich, visual models without sacrificing the design process, while collaborating efficiently throughout the project life-cycle. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Vectorworks is a part of the Nemetschek Group.
Learn how we empower designers to create experiences that transform the world at vectorworks.net.