The new lines include the MTECS series with the aerospace UNJ and MJ internal thread profiles. Tungaloy is responding to increased aerospace demands with these offerings, covering a wide range of thread pitches and TPIs. In addition, free cutting single-point MTECI series is also being added with the internal ISO metric thread profile and internal/external 60° V profile. Low cutting force makes these single-point threading tools a great alternative when parts have poor stability with vulnerability to chatter or fine threads like M1x0.25.
Tungaloy also offers ThreadMilling Advisor, a free on-line CNC code generator program able to create a wide range of thread milling programs, including UNJ and MJ threads for machining centers. Go to http://www.imc-companies.com/mtt/
At a Glance
- Thread milling tools for aerospace threads with a range of pitches and TPIs
MTECS series (short-edged style)
- Internal UNJ threads: for 32-13 TPIs
- Internal MJ threads: for pitches 0.7-2.0 mm
- Single-point thread milling tool, MTECI series, for added flexibility in tool selections
- 60° V profile, internal: for pitches 0.35 mm – 3.0 mm and 72-8 TPIs
- 60° V profile, external: for pitches 0.35 mm – 2.5 mm and 72-10 TPIs
- ISO metric profile, internal: for pitches 0.25 mm – 0.5 mm
For more information, visit Tungaloy website.