Tungaloy is expanding its TetraMini-Cut, an indexable thread turning tool series with 4 edged insert, to include full profile threading inserts for machining external threads in ISO metric thread standards.
The TetraMini-Cut insert comes in a compact profile with 4 economical cutting edges. Its unique insert clamping ensures high repeatability, accuracy, and tool life predictability. The new full profile threading insert can be mounted on the existing standard TetraMini-Cut toolholder for 60° V-profile or grooving inserts. Since the insert cuts a complete thread profile including the crest, no deburring of the thread profile is need. In addition, the optimized tool design provides minimal interference when turning towards the tailstock of the lathe. Inserts are offered in two grades: SH725 allows free cutting of fine pitch threads in small diameter bores and AH725 for universal threading applications on Swiss type as well as general lathes. The enhanced lineup of TetraMini-Cut series provides customers with increased productivity.
At a Glance:
- Full profile threading insert with 4 cost-effective cutting edges
- Complete thread profiling is possible with no need for deburring of the crest
- Available in SH725 and AH725 to address varieties of thread pitches
- Applicable for thread pitches ranging from 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm of external ISO metric threads
- Eliminates interference when turning towards the lathe tailstock.
- 7 inserts will be added in this expansion
For more information, visit Tungaloy website.