Tungaloy is expanding TungTurn-Jet, a family of high-pressure, coolant-through toolholders, to include parting-off and external threading toolholders, with the DirectTung-Jet capability for high efficiency in Swiss lathe applications.
The new TungTurn-Jet toolholders include parting-off holders from the TungCut series, which is now capable of parting a diameter as large as ø32 mm, or ø1.26”, and threading holders from the TungThread series, covering a wide range of thread standards.
Designed with the DirectTung-Jet technology, the new toolholders are compatible with a latest Swiss lathe model, featuring a direct coolant supply capability from the tool post to the cutting tool – without bypassing the coolant via the external tube, thus eliminating cumbersome coolant tube installation to significantly shorten machine downtime. The DirectTung-Jet system toolholders are also designed for use in the conventional Swiss lathes, which requires a coolant tube subassembly.
At a glance:
- Compatible with the latest Swiss lathe models, enabling a high-pressure, through-the-tool coolant supply directly from the tool post
- A simple, bolt-on design facilitates an easy tool setup – no need for installing external coolant subassembly
- Existing TungCut inserts can be used. A maximum parting-off diameter is now ø32 mm or ø1.26”. (For 12×12 mm square shank holders, a maximum part-off diameter is ø25 mm or ø.98”)
- 16ER threading inserts are mountable for an array of thread standards
- Total items to be added: 9 items
Tungaloy is manufacturer of carbide cutting tools, friction materials, wear resistant items, and civil engineering products.
Headquartered in Japan, they provide their products to customers all over the world in automobile, construction, aerospace, medical, power generation, infrastructure, and heavy industries.
For more information, visit Tungaloy website.