LONDON, UK(DSEI 2017), Sep 13, 2017 – Themis Computer, a manufacturer of rugged computing solutions, is showcasing HDversa–a new 10” deep, high-density, modular computing platform–this week at DSEI, Booth N4-352, in London.
Providing a common composable infrastructure approach for tactical platforms, the HDversa features a redundant power backplane with twelve module bays that fit standardized storage, graphics, networking, and management modules. Designed to easily fit in the same physical space as legacy VME platforms, this new solution simplifies technology upgrades, reduces costs, accelerates workloads, and offers a wide-range of functionality for tactical data centers, machinery control systems, signal processing systems, and remotely-located console controllers.
“Deployability and life-cycle management of mission critical computing systems is one of the biggest challenges in the DoD today,” said Bill Kehret, CEO of Themis Computer. “Our HDversa brings the latest datacenter strategies of scalability, extensibility, availability and serviceability to C5ISR applications.”
- Minimum size, weight, and power: Only 10” (254mm) deep and 6U (44.45mm) tall, the HDversa is a lightweight, low power computing platform. Each disaggregated, hot swappable module is actively cooled and requires only 50-100W of power.
- Scalable Performance: Each front IO compute module features an Intel Xeon D-1587 (16-core, 32-thread) or D-1541 (8-core, 16-thread)processor, up to 128GB of DDR4-2133 ECC memory, two USB 3.0 ports, M.2 NVME storage up to 2TB,two 10Gigabit and two 1Gigabit Ethernet ports, VGA and serial ports, TPM 2.0 support, and IPMI 2.0 with remote KVM. Popular operating systems such as Linux and Windows as well as virtualization hypervisors such as VMware, Citrix Zen, and Redhat KVM are supported.
- Modular &Composable: Composed of the latest Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) motherboards and components, HDversa modulesmay be “mixed and matched” for multiple functionalities:
- Single-wideCompute Modules featuring a single Intel Xeon D – 1500 embedded series processor, four DIMM sockets, two 10GbE, two 1GbE, and one IPMI 2.0.
- Double-wide, Storage Server Modules featuring all Compute Module functions + four removable 2.5” SAS or SATA storage devices
- Double-wide, NVMe storage server modules with all compute module functions + fourU.2 NVMe storage devices
- Double-wide, PCIe Expansions featuring all compute module functions with added PCIe expansion (either two PCIe x8/Gen3 or one PCIe x16/Gen3 slot).
- Single-wide, 16-port 1GbE managed switches and/or resource manager modules
- Environmental Resiliency: HDversa is designed to operate from 0°C to +50°C, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations.Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. Four redundant, hot swappable 450W ACpower supplies provide high availability.
For product specifications and details visit: www.themis.com/hdversa.