The Sensor Connection has released its ILPS-45 series inductive, contactless linear position sensor using LVIT Technology. The ILPS-45 linear position sensors are specifically designed for measuring applications requiring rugged devices, whether measuring position of steam turbine valves, mounted in a paper mill head box or calendar roll stand, or outdoors fastened to a building, bridge or structure. The ILPS-45 series was designed after identifying the wants and needs of engineers in the industrial world, so ILPS-45 Series linear position sensors can withstand the high vibration and severe shock environment found in steel, aluminum, and paper mills, as well as extremes of temperature and humidity found in most outdoor applications where many other types of linear position sensors cannot survive.
The ILPS-45 series is available with optional mounting flanges, rod eye ends, connector or cable terminations, and a captive connecting rod assembly that cannot break loose. The SenSet range adjustability feature allows the user to scale the sensor’s zero and full span output to the actual range of motion of the workpiece being measured after the sensor is installed.
- Operating temp range -40C to 85C
- Ranges from 4 to 18 inches (100-450mm)
- Double shaft seals to keep dirt and grime out of the bore
- Axial or radial connector or cable terminations
- SenSet range adjustability
- 1.75 inch (44.5 mm) outer diameter body with 5 mm wall thickness
- 1/2-20 UNF threaded or rod eye end connecting rod
- Optional mounting hardware
Operating from a variety of DC voltages, the ILPS-45 series offer a choice of four analog outputs and all include TSC’s proprietary SenSet field recalibration feature.
For more information, visit The Sensor Connection website.