BELLEVUE, WA, Aug 14, 2017 – Tecplot, Inc., developer of the leading visualization and analysis software for reservoir engineers, today announced the general availability of Tecplot RS 2017 Release 1.
The addition of Recovery Maps give engineers a one-click method to calculate and visualize the percentage change of any variable relative to initial conditions. With this powerful functionality, engineers can quickly determine the effectiveness of their recovery mechanism. A visual representation of the recovery map helps reservoir engineers make more informed decisions on such things as well placement.
RESQML Data Loader
RESQML is a standardized format that is output from the INTERSECT reservoir simulator. The new loader for RESQML data in this release will enable more efficient data sharing and collaboration of simulation results.
“We are very excited to be part of the RESQML and Energistics community,” said Tecplot RS product manager Raja Olimuthu, “Joining this community gives us even more opportunity to work with and listen to reservoir engineers and their needs. We look forward to partnering with leaders in the oil and gas industry to continue to drive energy standards.”
Customer-Driven UX Improvements
Tecplot RS 2017 Release 1 continues the trend of improving user experience (UX) by reducing the number of clicks in typical workflows and making essential tools more easily accessible.
Tecplot’s 15-year history of consulting with industry leaders keeps each software release in sync with innovations at the forefront of oil & gas reservoir simulation.
Numerous UX improvements in Tecplot RS 2017 R1 include:
- Animation control buttons that allow scrolling through available timesteps for each entity in the RFT plot type. Similar to other XY dialogs, the animations can be exported.
- Axis zoom lock for XY plots are available in the sidebar. After zooming into a range, the x-axis can be temporarily fixed into the chosen range while stepping through entities.
- The time slider allows you to see changes in wells and bubbles over time, even when the displayed property is not static.
- A complete list of updates can be found on our website www.tecplot.com/rs.
About Tecplot RS
Tecplot RS helps users manage and analyze oil & gas reservoir simulation data, uncover knowledge about reservoir model behavior, and thereby gain confidence in making crucial decisions. The software allows users to evaluate a full range of results, including line graphs, 2D x-sections, and 3D grid plots.
Tecplot RS, first released in 2002, supports 64-bit Windows and Linux platforms.
Tecplot RS users with current TecPLUS Maintenance Service can upgrade to Tecplot RS 2017 Release 1 at no additional cost. Upgrade Your Software.
Customers with expired maintenance and New users can download a fully-functional 5-day trial. Download Trial Software.
Special pricing is available for Academic users upon request. Visit Tecplot for Academics.
About Tecplot, Inc.
An operating company of Toronto-based Constellation Software, Inc. (CSI), Tecplot, Inc. is the leading developer of Visual Data Analysis (VDA) software for engineers and scientists.
CSI is a public company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:CSU) that acquires, manages and builds software businesses that provide mission-critical solutions in specific vertical markets.
Tecplot’s products allow customers using desktop computers and laptops to quickly analyze and understand information hidden in complex data, and communicate their results to others via brilliant images and compelling animations. The company’s products are used by more than 47,000 technical professionals around the world.
Since its founding in 1981, Tecplot has consistently delivered category-leading innovation to the engineering and scientific communities. Examples of this never-ending innovation include:
- Tecplot 360 with SZL Technology for lightning-fast analysis of CFD simulation
- Chorus* for analyzing large data from multiple sources
- PyTecplot*, a Python API, for integrating Tecplot into engineering workflows
- SZL Server* for remote data access
- Tecplot RS for oil & gas reservoir simulation visualization and analysis
*Chorus, PyTecplot and SZL Server are shipped with Tecplot 360 2017. Users need a TecPLUS maintenance agreement.
For more information, visit www.tecplot.com.