SolidPlant 2017 features:
Advanced ‘Smart Route’
SolidPlant 2017 greatly increases the flexibility when working on pipe routing. Their routing feature ‘Smart Route’ now makes it possible to work on separate parts of the same line, even open‐ended pipes, and connect them to each other at any time to form a complete stretch of pipe. By selecting the tie points of the line, ‘Smart Route’ will automatically create the route line and generate the 3D model, including all the components
from the selected specification.
In SolidPlant 2017 the user has the possibility to copy an entire pipe line, regardless of the number of components. Each and every component (valves, flanges, elbows, etc.) will be copied while still retaining the link with the underlying database. The tag of the newly copied pipe line will be automatically updated. In projects with a lot of typical pipe lines, this
feature is a real time saver.
More Realistic Templates
SolidPlant 2017 comes with more realistic equipment model templates for water treatment and food & beverage industries. In addition, realistic pipe fittings and pipe supports are now available as well.
To increase user independence SolidPlant 2017 includes an extensive Help file that is available both online and offline.
In order to reduce the strain on the operating system while working on a large assembly project in SolidPlant 2017, it will be possible to work in lightweight mode. This will increase the system’s performance without losing connectivity to the database.
To cater to the ever‐growing Chinese economy, SolidPlant 2017 will be available in Chinese language.
New Enhancements in SolidPlant 2017:
- Increased user friendliness for imperial dimension units: user can now input feet and inches directly by
typing ‘ft.’ or ‘in’ in the dimension dialogue box.
- Increased flexibility in TAG formats for equipment and routing.
- SolidPlant 2017 comes up with more manufacturer catalogues added into the library.
- Templates: Additional templates for pipe supports and valve operators.
- Increased flexibility to replace pipe components, even after the 3D model is already generated.
- Option to flip: Possibility to flip the bolt head position of bolts in flanges.
SolidPlant 2017 offers you more sophisticated features to generate Isometric drawings.
- More Symbols: Added isometric symbols for stub‐in with reinforcement pad.
- The isometric drawings will now reflect the data of connected end points in pipes lines when working with multiple pages.
- Specs for Cable Tray: Now in SolidPlant 2017 user can create cable tray routing using specifications.
In addition to SolidPlant’s existing PDM Professional, SolidPlant 2017 offers new features to increase overall user friendliness. It is now possible to store the ‘Vault’ either inside or outside the database, allowing for more flexibility when choosing a project’s location.
SolidPlant offers a complete 3D software package which runs on top of SOLIDWORKS. The add-in provides engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive engineering software solutions.
For more information, visit www.solidplant3d.com.