HAMBURG, Germany, May 12, 2017 – Simufact Engineering, an MSC Software company, has released Simufact Additive 2.0, a new version of its simulation solution for metal-based additive manufacturing. The software provides a series of capabilities covering powder bed fusion processes that deliver more certainty in achieving a reliable additive manufacturing process for high quality parts.
New capabilities include:
- Calibrating with cantilevers (physical testing) – a fast optimization algorithm calibrates the inherent strain values allowing for the accurate prediction of the distorted part. The unique set of strain values represent a particular combination of materials, machines, and scanning strategies that provides reliable simulations for complex additive components.
- Individual positioning of parts in virtual build space – this release provides special handling to determine the most efficient positioning of parts on the base plate, and allows for iterations to be made that optimize the build-up orientation. Positioning the part is very intuitive due to the easy-to-use interface.
- Support of orthotropic material properties – enables a more realistic representation of support structures stiffness. Coarser meshing provides reliable results in addition to faster calculation times.
- Optimization of the additive process chain – an effective, fast optimization of the whole process chain, including printing, heat treatment, cutting/removing of supports, and HIP. With this new release, users are now able to stop and re-start the simulation process at any stage of the process chain. Each process step can be optimized separately based on the previous results.
- Simulate HIP processes – densification of components can now be simulated. This process reduces porosity and provides longer life to products.
- Comparison with physical testing – the new release now enables users with a comparison of simulated parts with the target design, or with 3D measurement data as a reference. Users can also evaluate deformations relative to the reference geometry.
Simufact Engineering – an MSC Software company – is a global operating software company providing process simulation products and services to manufacturing industries. Today, after more than 20 years of developing and supporting simulation solutions for the design and optimization of manufacturing techniques in metal processing, the Hamburg (Germany) headquartered company has established as one of the leaders in this business area. Simufact succeeds in extending its global market share backed up by a dynamically growing customer base exceeding a number of 700 customers. A strong and continuously growing network composed of local offices and channel partners ensures global support. The software primarily aims at the automotive industry, mechanical engineering, aerospace industry and their respective suppliers. Typical fields of application for Simufact software are hot forging, cold forming, sheet metal forming, rolling, ring rolling, open die forging, mechanical joining, heat treatment, different welding processes, and most recently additive manufacturing.
For more information about Simufact Engineering, please visit www.simufact.com.