SANTA FE, NM, May 15, 2019 – Sigma Labs, Inc., a provider of quality assurance software under the PrintRite3D brand, will launch version 5.0 of its PrintRite3D platform at the RAPID+TCT 2019 Additive Manufacturing Conference in Detroit on May 21-23, 2019. The company will be exhibiting in Booth #1953. Darren Beckett, chief technology officer; Ron Fisher, vice president of business development; Justin Joiner, business development manager, Americas and Richard Proctor, applications engineer, will be in attendance throughout the conference to meet with attendees.
John Rice, CEO of Sigma Labs, said, “Companies engaged in metal additive manufacturing (AM) have traditionally been hindered by the inability to analyze the structure of a part during the manufacturing process as well as the inability to make real-time adjustments to ensure an acceptable level of quality. PrintRite3D version 5.0 resolves this challenge with results comparable and complementary to CT testing. This genuine advance provides value to OEMs and manufacturers, and is designed to increase production yield of 3D metal manufactured parts, cut post-process quality inspection costs and reduce time to market, enabling true industrialization of metal AM.”
Mr. Rice added, “We believe the launch of this new product, coming shortly after the news of DARPA’s recently published conclusion that Sigma’s technology can be used as the compliance means for certifications and/or certification of components of 3D metal parts, has the potential to advance the metal AM industry significantly.”
Integrating inspection, feedback, data collection and critical analysis into a unified platform, PrintRite3D version 5.0:
- Mines and identifies thermal signatures of melt pool disturbances and respective discontinuities using thermal emission spectroscopy
- Harnesses Co-Axial Planck Thermometry to provide a verified thermal signature in both temperature and coordinates
- Uses In-Process Quality Metrics (IPQMs), Thermal Emission Density (TED) and Thermal Emission Planck (TEP) to analyze internal thermal signatures and melt pool disturbances
- Contains a graphical user interface for real-time display of live part quality results and Automated Anomaly Detection on thermal mapping images providing location and anomalous region size
- Collects data with fixed spatial resolution in the X/Y plane but variable resolution depending on layer height used during the manufacturing process
- Is platform-independent and available as a third-party add-on or retrofit package for existing machines
RAPID + TCT is North America’s most influential additive manufacturing event, featuring the newest 3D technologies including 3D printing, 3D scanning, CAD/CAE, metrology & inspection, and related technologies.
About Sigma Labs
Sigma Labs, Inc. is a provider of quality assurance software under the PrintRite3D brand and a developer of advanced, in-process, non-destructive quality assurance software for commercial firms worldwide seeking productive solutions for advanced manufacturing.
For more information, please visit them at www.sigmalabsinc.com.