Tricon CX version 11.3 is compliant with the IEC 62443 standard and is certified by TÜV Rheinland for use in safety applications up to Safety Integrity Level 3. It is also ISASecure EDSA Level-1 certified, a cybersecurity certification for control systems, safety systems and system components. As a dual-certified process safety instrumented system, Tricon CX version 11.3 is designed to meet stringent requirements for safety, cybersecurity, risk reduction and continuous operation in the oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, power and other high-hazard industries.
Leveraging the safety, availability and security features of EcoStruxure Triconex safety systems, the latest Tricon CX version 11.3 controller enables availability and performance for safety-critical applications, including emergency shutdown, fire and gas, burner management, high integrity pressure protection and critical control.
Integrating the design of Tricon CX, which reduces the original Tricon form factor by 50 percent, Tricon CX version 11.3 is designed for high-hazard and extreme environments where footprint is at a premium. Additionally, the system is scalable so it can meet customer needs as they change and grow. It is capable of handling more than 750,000 physical I/O points.
Tricon CX version 11.3 is also compatible with multiple EcoStruxure Triconex safety systems applications, including:
- Safety Validator, which automatically tests, validates and documents EcoStruxure Triconex safety system application logic.
- SIF Manager, which tracks and validates Safety Instrumented Function performance over the lifecycle of a plant.
- Safety View, a TÜV-certified software application that enhances insight into high-priority alarms for operators
- System Auditor, an essential tool for documenting EcoStruxure Triconex safety systems and managing alarms.
- Tricon, Trident and Tri-GP high-availability, high-integrity edge controllers.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric works for the digital transformation of energy management and automation in homes, buildings, data Centers, infrastructure and industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider works in power management – medium voltage, low voltage and secure power, and in automation systems. They provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
For more information, visit Schneider Electric website.