DETROIT, MI, Dec 6, 2017 – As virtual reality industry leaders gather this week (December 7-8, 2017) at the VRX Conference & Expo, ONU (booth #10) is offering a sneak peek at its new product, ONU 3DLite, the first and only cloud-based 3D visual platform designed to seamlessly convert and optimize CAD files.
“ONU 3DLite makes it fast and easy for engineers, designers, and digital content creators to convert and tessellate CAD files for use in VR and AR,” said Sam Sesti, president of ONU. “There is no longer any need for tedious, time-consuming re-creation of product designs for 3D experiences. Native CAD files can be imported and converted to lightweight FBX files in minutes.”
“We’re excited to be adopting ONU 3DLite to support our asset development needs and bridge the gap between our CAD models and customer-facing graphics,” said Lisa Tan of Reverie, a leading adjustable bed and mattress company. “The ONU software has reduced our average content creation period by hours, and in some cases, days.”
- Facilitates CAD to POLY conversion: CAD files can be dragged and dropped into ONU 3DLite to convert them into high-quality polygonal meshes. Users can work with any CAD format, including STEP, IGES, SAT, Parasolid, Solidworks, JT, ProE/Creo, AutoCAD, CATIA, Rhino, and NX.
- Optimizes CAD for 3D visualization: ONU’s proprietary algorithms tessellate CAD files as they convert them. In addition, identical parts are automatically instanced to reduce geometry and draw calls.
- Defeatures files: ONU’s easy-to-use tools identify which unnecessary components can be eliminated to reduce density, and reduce the complexity of CAD files. Users can manually remove, or raise/lower the resolution either part by part or mesh by mesh. The result: high-quality, lightweight meshes with up to 100x reduction in density.
- Retains part numbers: ONU 3DLite retains all part numbers and hierarchies so users can reference them in 3D experiences and integrate them into other backend systems.
- Offers easy exports and centralized sharing: Files are easily exported to FBX format for use in tools like Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, Modo, ZBrush, Keyshot, Unity and Unreal. Files can be shared with product management or merchandising colleagues for their review, and with agency resources to enhance the images.
- Is cloud-based: ONU 3DLite is the only cloud-based CAD conversion and optimization tool on the market.
“ONU 3D Lite eliminates the need for expensive high-end workstations and PC-based software,” said Sesti. “Users can manage and host all their visuals in one place with accessibility from any web browser. Meanwhile, our AWS infrastructure ensures the ultimate in up-time, speed, redundancy and security.”
The ONU team will be onsite at the VRX Conference and Expo, taking place December 7-8, 2017 in San Francisco, and offering demos at booth #10. Those not attending the conference can learn more or sign up for a free trial by visiting https://onu1.com/3dlite/.
ONU provides technology to streamline 3D asset creation pipelines, automating processes that have previously been manual. The result is the first and only cloud-based, end-to-end, 3D asset management platform available on the market today.
Learn more at https://onu1.com.