Metrologic Group and Kuka Systems Aerospace has launched the industrial version of the 3D inspection KMR iiwa cobot. The industrial version of the 3D inspection, robotized, collaborative, and autonomous solution KMR iiwa is now available with Metrolog X4 i-Robot.
KUKA Systems Aerospace and Metrologic Group thus confirm their partnershipand commercialize an enhanced, more robust version of their turnkey 3D measurement solution.
- A more ergonomic and comfortable user interface, and less maintenance;
- A special focus on fleet management. Two or more autonomous stations can work simultaneously, piloted by a single server through Wi-Fi connection;
- More efficient batteries;
- The addition of two new axes (linear Z-axis and rotation Theta axis), offering a supplement of 1.2 m vertical rise and +/- 185° rotation (robot load limit: 10 kg). These new features significantly increase measurement capabilities for larger parts, for the aerospace industry, for example.
This enhanced KMR iiwa is part of a broader KUKA Systems Aerospace strategy to offer its customers ready-to-use and easy-to-use solutions. “Our ‘Ready2_use’ products offer a more simple and enjoyable user experience. The KMR iiwa powered by Metrologic Group’s 3D inspection software suite totally fits this new strategy,” says Philippe Prat, KUKA Systems Aerospace president.
In fact, the 3D measurement KMR iiwa, driven solely by Metrologic Group’s software suite (Metrolog X4 for driving the machine and the data acquisition, and Silma X4 for virtual programming) offers industrials:
- An all-in-one solution including the autonomous station and the robot, both of them actuatedby the same software, Metrolog X4 i-Robot, which also drives measurement execution and results analysis;
- A very flexible solution, with a mobile station able to navigate independently and safely all along the production line;
- A measuring device very easy to program and to use, as programming and execution are performed by Metrologic Group’s sole software suite;
A very powerful and robust measurement solution offering offline programming and simulation as well as measurement execution.
About Metrologic Group
Metrologic Group is a global 3D metrology software frontrunner, specialized in the design and development of industry-leading, high-tech,3D measurement software solutions, associated electronics and integration services. With offices and distributors throughout the world, Metrologic Group delivers to all industrial blue chip customers the most universal solution, dedicated to and tailored for all end-users’ everyday 3D measurement needs and requirements.
For more information, visit www.metrologicgroup.com.
About KUKA Group
KUKA is a global automation corporation with sales of around 3 billion euro and roughly 13,200 employees. As one of the world’s leading suppliers of intelligent automation solutions, KUKA offers customers everything they need from a single source: from components and cells to fully automated systems for the automotive, aerospace, electronics, consumer goods, metalworking, logistics/e-commerce, healthcare and service robotics industries. The Group is headquartered in Augsburg.
For more information, visit www.kuka.com.