IRVINE, CA, Dec 6, 2016 – MecSoft Corp., the developer of industry leading CAD/CAM software solutions, has announced the availability of RhinoCAM 2017, the newest version of MecSoft’s integrated CAM solution for the Windows version of Rhinoceros 5.0.
- Feature detection and feature based milling have been introduced. Machining features such as 3 axis Pockets, prismatic pockets, slots, planar faces, and bosses can now be detected in solid models (both surface and meshes) and toolpath methods applied to these features.
- New 4 axis drive surface operation for true 4 axis milling has been introduced.
- New slot milling operation for single line and trochoidal machining of slots has been introduced.
- Feed rate slowdown in corners has been implemented in the toolpath editor.
- Tooltip help and algebraic operations in all dialogs have been implemented.
“Feature based machining and automated milling has arrived with RhinoCAM! This new release turbocharges the productivity for our users and ushers in intelligent automation in machining at a price point that is simply hard to match. With a continued emphasis on automation of programming, along with our constant focus on improving our toolpath methods, we are proud to release this product to our customers,“ stated Joe Anand, president, and CEO of MecSoft Corp..
Free demo software of RhinoCAM 2017 can be downloaded at MecSoft.com/demo-rhinocam/.
About MecSoft Corp.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, MecSoft Corp. is a worldwide leader in providing CAM software solutions, addressing both additive and subtractive manufacturing technologies, for the small to mid-market segments. These solutions include products VisualCAD/CAM/3DPRINT, VisualCAM for SOLIDWORKS, RhinoCAM and Rhino3DPRINT. These software products deliver powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions for users in the custom manufacturing, rapid prototyping, rapid tooling, mold making, aerospace, automotive, tool & die, woodworking, and education industries.