TURKU, Finland, June 3, 2021 – MagiCAD Group has released MagiCAD 2022 for Revit and AutoCAD. The new version presents advanced tools and features for a new level of accuracy and intelligence in MEP design. MagiCAD 2022 supports the latest Autodesk platforms Revit 2022 and AutoCAD 2022.
MagiCAD 2022 brings extensive new functionality for MEP design in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD environments enabling MEP designers to produce work that is highly accurate and easily adaptable for further uses.
MagiCAD 2022 for Revit helps improve design accuracy and quality with multiple new additions. A new Segment Adjustment tool provides exceptional control with precise definitions of distances and offsets when moving multiple segments. Design accuracy is also improved with the introduction of new gender types for duct fittings and generic distribution boxes for ventilation systems, while simultaneously enabling more realistic designs for installation purposes.
The new version also impacts the daily design workflows of MEP designers. Users can combine drainage products and install them as a combination, download pre-configured pipe and drainage series from the MagiCAD Cloud online service, and customize the running index logic in a model according to index area rows. MagiCAD 2022 also provides numerous enhancements to popular tools, including clash checking, provisions for builderswork openings, and connection nodes, as well as functionalities to set up and use national classification systems in projects.
MagiCAD 2022 for AutoCAD helps improve design quality and the overall design experience for each MEP discipline. A new correction factor allows for detailed adjustment of radiator power for specific installation types, such as radiator covers and rotated installations. Provision creation and management has been made easier with discipline-specific default offsets and timestamps, and an improved object selection assists designers in practical design tasks.
The new features also help manage the large amounts of information within a design. Automatic feeder blocks for switchboard schematic drawings provide updated data from the feeding circuit and supply cable. Additions to the system and product installation dialogs, as well as improved connection node handling and reporting provide designers with better access to important information throughout the design process.
MagiCAD is a modular software with applications tailored for the different disciplines of MEP design, enabling powerful modeling and engineering calculations. MagiCAD automates many complex and time-consuming design tasks, saving time in day-to-day design work, and shortening the total project run-through times on average by 30% or more.
MagiCAD 2022 for Revit – New features:
- Support for Autodesk Revit 2022
- Use distribution boxes in ventilation design
- Accurate duct modeling with new fitting types
- Improved Angle to Horizontal function
- New electrical calculation engines
- Include insulation and installation method in electrical calculations
- Improved wire routing
- Scaling for converted symbols
- Improved Connections to Mechanical function
- Size ranges in pipe series routing preferences
- Pre-configured pipe and drainage series
- Define material and coating for insulation series
- Create and install drainage product combinations
- Intelligent options for sprinkler installation distances
- Use water source pressure curves in sprinkler calculation
- Perform quick and precise network adjustments with the new Segment Adjust tool
- Use absolute height levels in installation and modification
- Customize the running index numbering logic with index areas
- Split legends into multiple tables
- New settings for provisions
- Set up and use classification systems
- Multiple improvements to Clash Checking
MagiCAD 2022 for AutoCAD – New features:
- Support for AutoCAD 2022
- Adjust required radiator power for covered radiators
- Display additional information in System and Installation dialogs
- Longer text format names
- Updated Russian domestic water calculation standard
- Kvs value for 3-port valves
- Improved presentation of supply cable connection data
- Use automatic feeder blocks in switchboard schematics
- Object selection according to switchboard and host areas
- Rectangular sprinkler operation area
- Calculate sprinkler system volume
- Updated Connection Node feature
- Assign discipline-specific default offsets for provisions
MagiCAD enables MEP design using the world’s largest product model database, featuring over 1,000,000 actual products and product variants from 300 leading manufacturers across the world. Each model within the database comes complete with accurate dimensions and comprehensive technical data. MagiCAD offers localization for different country-specific standards, and it is used by contractors and designers in projects in over 80 countries across the world.
About MagiCAD Group
MagiCAD Group specializes in building information modeling software and services. Our team of passionate software professionals provides customers with intelligent solutions that make daily engineering, design and planning work easier, faster and more profitable. Our products are used by thousands of companies in over 80 countries around the world. MagiCAD is headquartered in Turku, Finland and is part of Glodon Group.
Further information available at magicad.com.