SAN FRANCISCO, CA, Dec 2, 2019 – Ideate Software, a veteran Autodesk Developer Network member, announced enhancements to IdeateApps, its collection of Revit add-on tools that streamline tasks daily Autodesk Revit users perform most often.
“The majority of the updates in this release improve the way Revit users manage sheets and views,” said Glynnis Patterson, director of software development. “Earlier this year, we asked for ideas on how to enhance Revit productivity, and one recurring theme from the 500+ responses was to improve sheet and view creation.”
Here are highlights of the sheet and view updates available for Revit 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020:
- Ideate SheetManager
- Rename Views or Sheets – Easily rename views or sheets with the new right-click option
- Create Sheets – Quickly create sheets based on a list of selected unplaced views, legends or schedules from the right-click menu or the new tool button
- Array Viewports – Multi-select unplaced views, drop them on a new sheet, and they will array within the margins of the title block
- Batch Copy and Paste Legends/Schedules – Select a placed legend or schedule from one sheet to right-click and copy, then paste to many sheets
- Ideate ViewCreator
- Improved View Name Editing – Use the new view naming modifications to easily get to the view names you need
Additional enhancements include:
- Search improvements in Ideate SheetManager, Ideate ViewCreator, Ideate Align, and Ideate QuickSelect. Now, un-quoted words will be treated as an “and” statement and quotation marks will enforce an exact match
- The ability to use odd or even numbering has been added to Ideate ReNumber
Learn more by watching the ‘What’s New’ video.
About Ideate Software
Ideate Software empowers Revit users to gain unprecedented control over their data. Ideate BIMLink, Ideate Explorer, Ideate Sticky, IdeateApps, and Ideate StyleManager were all developed to solve persistent problems in architecture, engineering, construction, and owner (AECO) workflows. Ideate Software solutions enable Revit users to save time, increase accuracy, improve project deliverables, and elevate design.