PALO ALTO, CA, Apr 6, 2018 – HP Inc. unveiled a range of new, fifth-generation HP ZBook Mobile Workstations designed for creative and technical professionals, executives and students who demand high-performance computing and premium experiences. The new lineup features cutting-edge design, innovative collaboration tools and superb security features to help elevate the creative process.
“Today’s mobile users are looking for premium products with outstanding performance, differentiated design, resilient security and practical collaboration tools to create anytime, anywhere, without limits,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, HP Z Workstations, HP Inc. “Whether it’s the game-changing design of the world’s most powerful convertible PC, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation or the world’s most secure mobile workstations, HP is delivering the products that creative and technical workers crave.”
Purposeful Innovation to Excite
By constantly monitoring market trends and customer insights, HP understands that today’s mobile workers surround themselves with a collection of products that speak to their personal design philosophy. They require products that don’t just enable the creative process, but elevate it. HP ZBooks were created with forward-thinking design and versatility, precision inking experiences, the brightest displays, tool-less access and distinct eye-pleasing finishes. This generation of HP ZBook’s tout precision-crafted machined aluminum for enhanced structural integrity, durability and weight-savings, and streamlined narrow border displays allow for more screen real estate in a smaller chassis.
Today, technical workstation users demand accelerated performance to dramatically improve workflows. As boundaries around traditional workplaces are erased, security becomes even more important. Nearly 70 percent of organizations have reported compromised laptops in the past 24 months4, highlighting the need for robust security features that provide constant protection and resiliency in the event of an attack. Therefore, HP designs its HP ZBooks to be the world’s most secure and manageable mobile workstations5.
At the same time, as workplaces become more collaborative, the need for innovative tools is on the rise. The mobile user is at the center of this shift, with laptops/mobile workstations as the most frequently used devices for meetings and collaboration. HP ZBook Mobile Workstation users can collaborate naturally with the world-facing microphone and the HP Premium Collaboration Keyboard. This generation of HP ZBooks also have even richer sound over the previous generation – louder, bigger speakers with a lower bass roll-off.
Premium HP ZBooks Delight Creative Professionals
Today, HP revealed the HP ZBook Studio x360 G5, the world’s most powerful convertible PC1. This versatile laptop gives users the latest convertible design with professional-grade performance needed to run multiple apps with speed and responsiveness. Users can edit high-resolution images without delay, with NVIDIA graphics and Intel Xeon processors. HP’s innovative 360-degree hinge delivers the comfort of a laptop, the convenience of a tablet and the luxury of additional modes to help showcase work. Precision inking with 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity are realized on the anti-glare HP DreamColor display – the world’s brightest, 4K laptop display2.
Creative professionals will experience the ultimate blend of design and performance in the next generation HP ZBook Studio G5. This premium model is smaller, faster and brighter than ever. Users can bring ideas to life on the world’s brightest 4K laptop display2. The HP DreamColor anti-glare display supports 100 percent Adobe RGB, has 600 nits of brightness, is 20 percent brighter than the Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina display and 50 percent brighter than the Dell XPS UltraSharp 4K display6. The HP ZBook Studio supports up to 6 TB7 of storage, with certified NVIDIA Quadro graphics and ultra-fast 6-core Intel Xeon processors, with 35 percent higher processing performance than the Apple MacBook Pro8.
Last fall, HP announced the HP ZBook x2, the world’s most powerful detachable PC, to unleash the power of Adobe Creative Cloud with remarkable performance and versatility. This product now includes Intel’s 8th generation of quad-core processors that deliver 73 percent higher graphics performance compared to the Surface Pro9.
Performance HP ZBooks Thrill Technical Community
HP ZBook17 G5 delivers the performance of a desktop with the freedom of a laptop. Users will revel over the relentless performance when editing multiple streams of content, manipulating data and developing in VR. The HP ZBook 17 G5, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation3, is packed with 50 percent more cores generation over generation, up to 10 TB storage7, 64 GB memory, NVIDIA Quadro P5200 graphics and 20 percent better thermals generation over generation to stay cool and quiet. With up to 50 million different configurations, the HP ZBook 17 G5 can be customized to meet any demand and can be upgraded in seconds without tools.
HP ZBook 15 G5, the number one mobile workstation in the world10, provides extraordinary performance with industry-leading security and is designed to thrive with heavy rendering, engineering and simulation workflows. With 30 percent better thermal performance generation over generation, it stays quiet and cool running at maximum performance workloads. Users can bring projects to life with one billion colors on the stunning 600 nits 4K HP DreamColor display11. Users can also increase productivity with up to 6 TB of storage and 3 drives and up to 4 TB local PCIe TLC storage.7 Engineered for the future, upgrading is made easy with tool-less access. In 2016, NASA purchased 1,200 HP ZBook 15 mobile workstations for use on the ISS and to support ground development and flight support.
HP ZBook 15v G5 is a high-performance laptop, aimed at engineering students and SMBs, with high-speed processors and graphics certified for peak performance – all at a low cost. This model has fast response times with 6-core Intel Xeon processors12 and 32 GB memory, even when running multiple apps at once. Users can access large 4K files quickly with up to 4 TB of high-speed storage7 and tackle complex 2D and 3D models with certified NVIDIA Quadro graphics. The HP ZBook 15v is optimized for stability and peak performance with professional software applications from leading software providers like Autodesk, Revit and SOLIDWORKS. This model features up to 2 TB local PCIe TLC storage.
Visionary Display for Visionary Creators
The HP DreamColor Z27x G2 Studio Display delivers consistent accurate color, features a wide color gamut, high-performance IPS Panel and workflow management tools with breakthrough HP DreamColor technology. This 27-inch diagonal display uses an integrated pop-up sensor that calibrates on demand or on a regular schedule. HP worked with leading visual effects studios to create customized solutions for an optimal design process, including onscreen markers, remote management and the world’s first integrated keyboard-based input switching KVM13 to easily switch between devices. Users will experience a broad range of vividly accurate colors from 99 percent DCI P3 coverage, 98 percent Adobe RGB and a 1500:1 contrast ratio. The new HP Z27x joins the HP Z31x DreamColor Studio Display to make a family of the most advanced color-critical displays in the world14.
Pricing and Availability
- The HP ZBook Studio x360 is expected to be available beginning in May for a starting price of $1,499
- The HP ZBook Studio is expected to be available beginning in May for a starting price of $1,299
- The HP ZBook 17 is expected to be available beginning in May. Price not yet available.
- The HP ZBook 15 is expected to be available beginning in May. Price not yet available
- The HP ZBook 15v is expected to be available beginning in May for a starting price of $949.
- The HP DreamColor Z27x G2 Display is available beginning in April for a starting price of $1,999
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through their portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.
More information about HP Inc. is available at www.hp.com.
1. Based on HP’s internal analysis of convertible non-detachables as of February 2018, and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
2. Based on internal analysis clamshell form factor notebooks with 4K panel, brightness based on nits.
3. Based on HP’s internal analysis of ISV- certified mobile workstations as of February 2018, and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
4 HP, Quantitative Research with WW End Users, 2015.
5. Based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP’s Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager among desktop workstation vendors as of Sept. 2017 on HP Mobile Workstations with 7th gen and higher Intel Processors.
6. Based on maximum configurations and Geekbench 4 score as of February 2018.
7. For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk (for Windows 10) is reserved for system recovery software.
8. Based on maximum configurations and Geekbench 4 score as of March 26, 2018.
9. Based on Cinebench R15 open GL testing as of Oct. 5th, 2017 using max configurations for HP ZBook x2 and Microsoft Surface Pro announced May 23, 2017.
10. Based on IDC Market Share Data of mobile workstation units sold in quarters 1-4 in 2017. IDC Quarterly Workstation Tracker, 2017Q4 A
11. Optional HP DreamColor display with 1 billion colors is sold separately.
12. Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
13. Based on HP’s internal analysis as of March 13, 2018 of color critical displays with keyboard switching KVM.
14. Based on HP’s internal analysis of color critical displays as of March 13, 2018 with XYZ sensor, calibration up to three pre-sets, controls & powers external instruments from the display, and generates ICC profiles from the display.