Fox Thermal Instruments has announced the launch of their new product: the Fox Model FT4X Thermal Mass Flow Meter, designed for serving the Oil & Gas and Industrial Process applications.
- 40 daily totals
- Settable Contract Time defines the Contract Day
- Time/date stamped alarm & event logs; 7 year history
- Power off totalizer; power failure creates event log entry
- Display of Density and Gross Heating Value based on selected gas composition
The logs in the Model FT4X Data Logger also give information about the meter’s settings and functionality:
- View the meter’s gas or gas mix composition
- View the meter’s configuration and other meter settings
- View Calibration Validation historical test data
- View and print logs of events and alarms
The FT4X was designed to be used in Oil & Gas and Industrial applications. It is suitable for applications monitoring pure gases, mixed gases, and even complex flare gas compositions. Gas-SelectX provides an expanded selection of gases from 3 menus:
- Pure Gas Menu: 11 common gases available
- Mixed Gas Menu: 11 common gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
- O&G Gas Menu: C1 – C9+, Nitrogen, and CO2 gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
The FT4X is equipped with the 2nd generation of DDC-Sensor. Its design provides a technology platform for calculating accurate gas correlations for the Gas-SelectX feature.
FT4X View software allows adjustments to the meter configuration, evaluation of alarm conditions, collection of process data, and measurement viewing from the user’s PC or control station. Moreover, this software can be used to initiate CAL-V — and it automatically logs the results of each CAL-V test. If any regulatory submission is required, the software will generate a certificate for recordkeeping.
A USB connection port comes standard on the new Model FT4X which allows access with a laptop.