Pressure instrument calibration is a part of the maintenance workload in process plants that requires a of accuracy and repeatability. The Fluke 729 Automatic Pressure Calibrator is designed to simplify the calibration process by automatically generating precise test pressures, compensating for leaks, and automatically documenting the pressure calibration process to help meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
With the portable 729, technicians input a target pressure and the calibrator automatically pumps to the desired set-point while the internal fine adjustment control stabilizes the pressure at the requested value.
The 729 features:
- Automatic pressure generation and control for multiple tests to 300 psi, (20 bar, 2 MPa). Users can fill in a test template and the 729 automatically pumps to and documents a multiple-point pressure calibration test.
- Calibration documentation using defined templates for transmitters and switches. Input the starting and ending test pressures and number of test points and the calibrator documents the applied pressure, measured mA, and percentage error for each test point. The bright color graphical display flags out of tolerance test results in red.
- HART communication enabling mA output trim, trim to applied values, and pressure zero trimming of HART pressure transmitters, eliminating the need for an additional HART calibration. Technicians can also perform light configuration tasks such as changing a transmitter tag, measurement units, and ranging.
- Measurement of mA signals on transmitter outputs and sourcing and simulation of mA signals for testing I/Ps and other mA loop devices. It includes a 24V loop power supply for testing and powering transmitters in standalone tests disconnected from the control system.
- As part of the Fluke Connect reliability platform, the 729 allows technicians to remotely monitor calibrations using the Fluke Connect mobile app as well as manage, store, and share pressure measurements and logging events.
Documented calibration results can be uploaded to the optional DPC/Track2 Calibration Management Software, to manage instrumentation, create schedule tests and reports, and organize calibration data.
For more information, visit Fluke website.