FARO has announced the availability of the FARO Zone 3D 2019 software platform. The FARO Zone 3D platform is specifically designed to enable investigators and security professionals to enhance the quality of site and evidence capture, documentation, reconstruction and analysis for crime, crash, fire and security applications.
FARO Zone 3D 2018 was the first VR-enabled software solution for law enforcement and forensics professionals that provides a comprehensive platform for documenting, analyzing, and reconstructing scenes that includes powerful forensic analysis, 3D diagramming and animation tools. FARO Zone 3D 2019 substantially builds on the most compelling functionality of its predecessor and offers immersive and dramatic new ways to interact with and present forensic scenes.
Authoritative Forensic Scene Presentations
FARO Zone 3D 2019 integrates advanced functionality that brings forensics presentations to life in the most persuasive and powerful way:
- Leverage Witness View tool to show the exact point of views of a witness or officer at the scene
- Include visual time and distance analysis to verify vehicle positions under a variety of scenarios
- Include shadows and weather with 3D animations
- Hyperlink to display photos and reports
- Reconstruct crashes in detail with the Event Data Recorder (EDR) dashboard that displays and compares the animation to the on-board black box data recorder, e.g., steering angle, air bag deployment, when brakes are applied, etc.
Immersive Realism with Evolutionary Virtual Reality
FARO Zone 3D 2019 enables public safety professionals to walk through a forensic scene with an exceptional level of true to life realism. As such, it is ideal for assignments that range from investigations of officer involved shootings to pre-incident site planning, forensics training exercises or 3D model scene augmentations and analysis, including bullet trajectories.
Additionally, a series of new tools are now available that enable users to create security plans utilizing 2D and 3D diagrams of buildings and exterior sites, including the ability to show exactly what security cameras can view in 3D.
FARO is the 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology provider. The company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design – Capture and edit 3D shapes of products, people and/or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics – Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at www.faro.com.