FARO has announced the availability of the FARO Visual Inspect product family. This innovative platform enables large, complex 3D CAD data to be transferred to an iPad and then used for mobile visualization and comparison to real world conditions. To watch an overview video, go to https://tech.faro.com/visual-inspect. This enables real-time actionable manufacturing insight through earlier stage error detection in the production, construction or design processes.
For more information, go to www.faro.com/visual-inspect.
Visual Inspect is a true next-generation solution as it moves 3D CAD viewing away from the traditional desktop PC to a mobile “in hand, on demand” solution. The 3D CAD data is stored locally on the iPad through an innovative, compressed, mobile format which provides an exceptional degree of flexibility and mobility that together drive increased productivity. The end user is able to document problems and errors with text and images and then easily export both into a Microsoft Excel office document.
The Visual Inspect product family offers two exceptional value options.
- Visual Inspect: enables intuitive mobile viewing, verification and documentation of complex 3D data
- Visual Inspect AR: enables complex 3D data to be overlaid and compared to actual data in real time
The integrated iPad camera supports Visual Inspect AR as a more cost-effective alternative to other Augmented Reality (AR) products that require expensive cameras.
The Visual Inspect product family can be ready for use via a simple three step process that includes first downloading the iPad application from the Apple Apps store, calibrating the iPad and then activating the application with the calibration file.
The Visual Inspect family is available now for quoting and ordering.
FARO is 3D measurement and imaging solutions provider for factory metrology, construction BIM/CIM, product design, public safety forensics, and 3D solutions applications. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, FL. The company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, PA containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at www.faro.com.