FARO has announced immediate availability of FARO RevEng. This software platform provides FARO Design ScanArm and FARO 8-Axis FaroArm system users with a powerful tool that enables a comprehensive digital design experience. RevEng addresses a variety of reverse engineering and design challenges across industries including automotive aftermarket, research & development, heritage preservation, industrial machinery, engineering services and computer graphics.
Best in Class Scan to Design Capability
- Scan, capture and display point clouds in color
- Generate point clouds geometrically and visually accurate relative to the scanned object
- Convert the point cloud into a high-quality mesh (i.e., edges, points and polygons that define the geometry of an object)
- Edit and optimize the mesh for further design purposes or make it 3D-printing-ready
Advanced Workflow Optimization
RevEng tools and functionality are tightly integrated to assure a seamless handoff of project information, which dramatically streamlines end-to-end workflows.
- Easy to Use: Intuitive icons on a single worksheet saves time and enables a new level of efficiency
- Improved Productivity: Automatic fixing and repair tools reduce the time needed to create the perfect mesh model
- Enhanced Creativity: Easily extract 2D sketches and 3D contour lines from mesh model
- High Quality Output: Allows a trial-and-error-approach to get to the best result for individual projects so users are free to focus on the desired result
One Stop Solution
For design professionals who need to capture high quality color point cloud scans to generate high quality mesh models, RevEng displays a clear, true to life color representation of the source items. As a result, users have absolute confidence that exceptionally high-quality information can be edited in RevEng or exported to 3rd party software for editing and final model generation.
For users who need to refine mesh models and extract sketch geometry for 3D design activities or 3D printing, RevEng delivers a full set of tools to edit and optimize the mesh model. This enables production of the most accurate and efficient digital representation of the scanned object possible. Final output can be a watertight mesh model, mesh shell optimized for 3D printing, or a collection of 2D and 3D curves to feed into the CAD modeling stage of the design workflow. Additionally, RevEng includes advanced algorithms that significantly reduce processing time.
FARO provides 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design – Capture and edit part geometries or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics – Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, FL. The company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
For more information, visit www.faro.com.