FARO announced that Michael D. Burger has been appointed president and chief executive officer of the company, effective June 17, 2019. Mr. Burger succeeds Dr. Simon Raab, who previously announced his intent to retire as the company’s president and chief executive officer and as a member of the company’s Board of Directors upon the appointment of his successor. Dr. Raab will retire from his positions with the Company on June 16, 2019.
Mr. Burger brings to FARO over 20 years of experience as a global executive in the industrial technology sector. Mr. Burger most recently served as president and chief executive officer and as a member of the board of directors of Electro Scientific Industries, Inc., a leading supplier of innovative laser-based microfabrication solutions for industries reliant on microtechnologies, from October 2016 to February 2019, when it was acquired by MKS Instruments, Inc. Prior to joining Electro Scientific Industries, Inc., Mr. Burger was president and chief executive officer and a member of the board of directors of Cascade Microtech, Inc., a manufacturer of advanced wafer probing, thermal and reliability solutions for the electrical measurement and testing of high performance semiconductor devices. Mr. Burger holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from New Mexico State University and a certificate from the Stanford University International Executive Management Program. Throughout his career, Mr. Burger has driven significant growth for the businesses he has led with scaling growth strategies, while preserving core values that are critical to the long-term sustainability of a business.
FARO is the provider of 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- 3D Manufacturing – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real world data to investigate crash, crime and fire events, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- 3D Design – Capture and edit 3D shapes of products, people and/or environments for design purposes in product development, computer graphics and dental and medical applications
- Photonics – Develop and market galvanometer-based laser measurement products and solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com.